Woodworker's Edge "Techniques" DVD's Cabriole Leg

Review by Karson posted 1681 days ago 2191 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodworker's Edge "Techniques" DVD's Cabriole Leg No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Last fall I went to visit Chuck Bender's shop and to meet Glen Huey Glen is the Senior Editor for Popular Woodworking Magazine.

Glen was teaching a class on a Tea Table that belinged to his mother and had been in his home for as long as he could remember. The plans have been published in Popular Woodworking Magazine.

This review has nothing to do with the table. It’s just a lead in to me meeting Glen. A great guy and of course Chuck is also.

While I was there chatting with Glen. Chuck was teaching David how to do an inlay in a piece of mahogany.

Glen gave me a DVD that he created on making Cabriole Legs.

I’ve never made one. I saw one made in a class, but, that that memory went fleeting so I watched the reciently found DVD.

Glen went all through the processes from laying the pattern out on the blank. Cutting it on the table saw and bandsaw. Turning the foot on the lathe and also with hand tools. And shaping the leg. He had the leg done in it seemed in less than an hour. We watched almost all of the processes in real time.

It looks easy from a master. I highly recomment the DVD. It’s available on Glen’s web site. www.woodworkersedge.com the price is $7.95

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

I’ll check it out if I ever need Cabriole Legs. Thanks Karson.

View JerryS's profile

JerryS

Thanks for the review , I wasn’t aware of this DVD . I have a few of Glen’s other DVD’s and books and find them all very informative and well done . I got to meet Glen this past Oct at WIA , he really is a great guy.