Terrible Experience and Horrendous Customer Service

Review by Wes123 posted 08-17-2018 07:55 PM 2435 views 0 times favorited 13 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Terrible Experience and Horrendous Customer Service No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I purchased a set of IBC’s bench chisels about three weeks ago with high hopes. When I decided to upgrade to a set of premium chisels and I saw that IBC had a new chisel that it was endorsed by Rob Cosman and David Charlesworth, I was really excited to get my hands on them.

After placing my order, I immediately received an order confirmation and my card was charged in full. Since placing the order (three weeks ago) I have not heard from IBC at all and I have not received the chisels. Over the past three weeks I have called IBC, sent multiple emails, and made numerous submissions using IBC’s contact us page, but have had absolutely no response from IBC. I even read through IBC’s privacy policy looking for alternate methods of contacting IBC, but to no avail. At this point, I doubt I will even receive the chisels and I am considering reporting the charge as fraudulent if I don’t hear back from the company in the next few days.

Just want to share my experience in case anybody else is considering ordering from IBC.

View Wes123's profile

Wes123

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#1 posted 08-17-2018 09:04 PM

You may want to retitle the review. It gives the impression the chisels themselves are horrible when it’s really the company. And 2nd, have you tried contacting them through Facebook? They have a page and you can message them. Worth a shot as well.

View bruc101's profile

bruc101

#2 posted 08-17-2018 11:57 PM

Do they not answer the phone?

-- Bruce Free Plans http://plans.sawmillvalley.org

View cmmyakman's profile

cmmyakman

#3 posted 08-18-2018 12:18 AM

It’s August. They are probably on vacation.

-- You can't fail if you don't give up.

View Jeff's profile

Jeff

#4 posted 08-18-2018 12:33 PM

You could ask your credit card company to reverse the charge but I don’t think it’s been long enough. I do understand the frustration of waiting three weeks with no contact but a little bit more patience may be needed.

View woodsmithshop's profile

woodsmithshop

#5 posted 08-18-2018 12:50 PM

I think, by law, (not 100% sure) that if you do not receive your order within 30 days you can cancel the order.

-- Smitty!!!

View GR8HUNTER's profile

GR8HUNTER

#6 posted 08-18-2018 03:40 PM

I love my Stanley fat-max chisels :<))

-- Tony---- Reinholds,Pa.------ REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN

View Mainiac Matt 's profile (online now)

Mainiac Matt

#7 posted 08-18-2018 04:30 PM

Report the transaction to your CC company and they’ll pull the money right back out of the vendors account (yes, they can do that) and then you’ll get a call from their CS within a day begging to know how they can help you.

-- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

#8 posted 08-18-2018 11:20 PM

the phone # is disconnected

Bat- why did you give 5stars in the previous review?

Credit Card question- will our CC cover foreign purchases? (IBC was/is Canadian)

View jacquesr's profile

jacquesr

#9 posted 08-19-2018 03:13 AM

1-416-264-9534

This number seems to work

#10 posted 08-19-2018 04:06 AM

Off my watch

View Commarato53's profile

Commarato53

#11 posted 08-22-2018 04:51 PM

+1 what Manianc Mike said. Go to Hartville Tool and buy a set of Sorby chisels, they have paring, mortising etc. Or get a set of 2 Cherries. I think Woodnet has a 15% discount at Hartville Tool.

#12 posted 09-16-2018 01:41 AM

You haven’t received the chisels and yet you have rated them as 1 star. SMDH . This is NOT a tool review.

#13 posted 09-16-2018 03:00 AM

You haven t received the chisels and yet you have rated them as 1 star. SMDH . This is NOT a tool review.

- Dusty56