Great saw for the price

Review by jerome posted 1659 days ago 3477 views 0 times favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great saw for the price Great saw for the price No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was looking for a new saw to replace my old Skil model and found this nice Milwaukee for $99.00. I have had it about a week and am pretty impressed. I was actually toying with the Ridgid brand, but opted on this one instead.

This is a saw with no laser, or electric brake, but I personally didn’t miss them. Nice and powerful motor at 15amps so I haven’t experienced any binding under extreme use yet. Does have a interesting adjustable handle that you can position high or low depending on how you hold it. The handle has a great lock so it doesn’t move after you lock it into position.

The saw overall appears to not be cheaply made. It is very robust looking and actually feels like you are holding a real tool, not like holding a soda can with a wee electric motor attached.

Has a nice machined base, with large levers for cut depth and bevel cuts. The blade change is no problem. Allen key mounted on saw and has a blade lock as well. 9ft. cord is great.

The only con is the case. I like to keep my power tools in a case. After the first use it wouldn’t fit back into it so I took my new Sonicrafter and made it fit. Other than that, I am very happy with my purchase.

-- I really need to change my "cut twice, measure once" thought process!

View jerome's profile

jerome

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

5369 posts in 1974 days

Nice review Jerome. I uses a similar MW circ saw for our fireplace chase several weeks back…it was workhorse.

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

Thanks for the info.

-- Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless, it moves at half speed like ....-As the Saw Turns

View Russ's profile

Russ

Bought one of these last year and love it. Built the shop and put a new roof on the house, the saw performed great.

-- Happiness is being covered in sawdust

View Craftsman on the lake's profile

Craftsman on the lake

2364 posts in 2036 days

I had one of these and gave it to my nephew after purchasing a porter cable one several years ago. It was ruggedly built and ran well. One of the things I didn’t like about it was that it felt very bulky/heavy or maybe poorly balanced. Something just didn’t feel right in my hand. The second thing was the bottom plate adjustment for blade height. My PC saw has a lever and the plate slides up and down but is hinged at the front. The millwaukee entire base slides up and down. It works fine, it’s just that it is awkward to move it to the correct position.

View MarkwithaK's profile

MarkwithaK

I tend to favor Milwaukee tools and was looking at the left-handed version of this saw. My old circ saw crapped the bed and I needed a new saw right then. Unfortunately it was not available locally so I went with the left side blade PC.

-- If at first you don't succeed then maybe skydiving isn't for you.

View OttawaP's profile

OttawaP

One excellent feature of the Milwaukee is it’s tracking ability. It wants to cut in a straight line. Only a good Makita can equal it.

-- Paul

View PixelPaul's profile

PixelPaul

I have a number of Milwaukee tools, including this saw. All of them are exceptional and real workhorses. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

111999 posts in 2175 days

Good review

View Jim1963's profile

Jim1963

Recently purchased this saw and absolutely LOVE it. Paid the same for mine. My case fits fine.

-- SW la.

View Stosh's profile

Stosh

I bought this saw about 6 years ago when i was working for a general contractor. I have had the opprotunity to try several brands of circular saws, and power tools in general. I have always liked the Milwalkee products and i vote with my hard earned money. I was working with a guy who had this saw and it fell off the truck at highway speed. I saw it bounce and roll down the highway! We went back and got it and the bottom plate was bent and it was a little scratched up to say the least. The guy straightend out the plate with a claw hammer, and the saw still worked like it was new !!!! I bought one that weekend. Yes the case is a pain in the butt untill you figure it out. Its amazing how aggrivating it was to figure out how to get it back in the case! I put a new blade on it and used it extensivly this week and still like using it. The handle is very comfortable. If you can live without an electric brake,and the case doesnt make you pull your hair out, this is a great saw, and i would recomend it to anyone.