If you want a great miter gauge

Review by Jacksdad posted 07-20-2018 07:25 PM 1135 views 0 times favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
If you want a great miter gauge No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I got the Kreg Miter gauge for my birthday, it’s great. I taught a segmented turning class at Woodcraft and I was going to show how to fix if your segments are not perfect, 1 cut 16 pieces and put them together and no gap, so much for that idea. It comes perfect from the factory, if you aren’t getting perfect angles your saw needs adjusting. It cuts accurately to a tenth of a degree, I highly recommend it.

View Jacksdad's profile

Jacksdad

View recycle1943's profile

recycle1943

#1 posted 07-20-2018 07:31 PM

It is no doubt a great tool, kreg makes good stuff but I have 5 Incra miter gauges, too late to switch over

-- Dick, Malvern Ohio - my biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells my toys for what I told her I paid for them

View Woodmaster1's profile

Woodmaster1

#2 posted 07-20-2018 10:45 PM

I have this miter gauge and find very accurate and it makes segments for rings perfect. This cuts out that step of gluing the ring into two halves and sanding the halves to meet. The miter gauge is worth the price.

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#3 posted 07-21-2018 04:17 AM

Sounds like a good thing to own.

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View Jacksdad's profile

Jacksdad

#4 posted 07-21-2018 09:54 PM

UPDATE, the only downfall to the miter gauge is the pin that holds the gauge at preset angles is loose and can fall out and get lost. After I dug through the sawdust under my table saw I found the pin. I modified it by drilling a small hole and attaching a piece of string to hold it to my miter gauge.

View Woodmaster1's profile

Woodmaster1

#5 posted 07-22-2018 01:15 AM

Not a bad idea I had to look for pin a couple times myself.

#6 posted 07-22-2018 06:55 PM

How dare Kreg send out a a miter gauge that requires no adjustment. That just takes away from frustration level a tad bit. Congrats, I have considered the purchase of one.

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View Andre's profile

Andre

2198 posts in 2003 days

#7 posted 07-24-2018 07:13 AM

Have the same miter gauge, sure increased the accuracy of Old Delta TS!

-- Lifting one end of the plank.