Cutech benchtop 8 " jointer

Review by michelletwo posted 07-07-2018 12:03 PM 2582 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Cutech benchtop 8 " jointer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I was in the market for an 8” jointer and have read great reviews for this . When they had free shipping over the holiday, I ordered one. For over 30 yrs I have used a 6” delta with knives and I got very tired of sharpening them, and resetting. A real pain. I need to make space in my shop so this small jointer seemed a good fit.
1. the ordering on the site was simple and easy
2. the package shipped UPS and was very well packed. The jointer was totally surrounded by form fitting styro. Arrived in perfect condition 3.Easy to put the few parts together, IF one does NOT try to figure out the directions. This is the only negative I have about this jointer.
4. I had a concern that the fence would not be strong and wiggle..heck it is made of plastic and aluminum. I was pleasantly surprised that is is rock solid
5. the universal motor is a bit noisy, but way less than say a dewalt 735 planer
6. I have only had this for a few days, but I have jointed a lot of wood on it. So far I am very impressed with the finish the carbide leaves. The tables were co-planer, and the mechanism that raises and lowers the infeed is simple and easy.
7. the dust collection with my 3hsp DC was terrific.
8.. All in all this little jointer has a home with me . I am very pleased with it.

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

View Dan'um Style's profile

Dan'um Style

#1 posted 07-07-2018 12:06 PM

Very nice. I just googled this one. Very affordable.

-- keeping myself entertained ... Humor and fun lubricate the brain

View michelletwo's profile

michelletwo

#2 posted 07-07-2018 12:08 PM

google up Cutech and order direct from them…469.00 US they have other jointers too, so you have choices.

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

#3 posted 07-07-2018 02:24 PM

That is really nice with the helical head for that price! A head like that for my 6” Grizzly costs almost that much!!

Good find, Michelle!!

Cheers, Jim

View Andre's profile

Andre

2145 posts in 1984 days

#4 posted 07-07-2018 03:26 PM

Interesting, have been thinking about a table top jointer ever since getting my 12” Combo machine.
Porter cable sells a 6” which is all I would need, but not sure going back to blades best decision?
This may be another option but surprised by noise level which is one of the reason I got rid of my
Hitachi F-1000. I found that with sharp blades the finish seems nicer than the carbide inserts?

-- Lifting one end of the plank.

View Jacksdad's profile

Jacksdad

#5 posted 07-08-2018 10:46 AM

I’m glad it works good and not a lemon

View Desert_Woodworker's profile

Desert_Woodworker

#6 posted 07-08-2018 04:56 PM

here is a vid to look at

-- Desert_Woodworker

View JohnMcClure's profile

JohnMcClure

#7 posted 07-08-2018 10:45 PM

+1 on this, I bought about 3 months ago and love it. I’ve put some miles on it and it has held up great.

-- I'd rather be a hammer than a nail

View TimberAndAshDesigns's profile

TimberAndAshDesigns

#8 posted 07-09-2018 06:08 PM

I’ve heard lots of great things about that jointer. Glad you are enjoying it!

-- I live on caffeine, sawdust and swear words. https://timberandashdesigns.com/

View jeff's profile

jeff

#9 posted 07-09-2018 06:47 PM

Glad you like it.

-- Jeff,Tucson,Az.

View HankLP's profile (online now)

HankLP

#10 posted 07-10-2018 01:44 PM

I’ve had the Cutech 6” jointer for about two years now and I’m very pleased with it. Thought about changing over to carbide cutters, but the HSS is holding up very well. Been running some fairly hard wood – Jatoba & Cocabola – and haven’t had to turn any cutters around yet.

View AM420's profile

AM420

#11 posted 07-10-2018 04:03 PM

I have this same model. I’m a novice woodworker and haven’t put anything really hard through it yet, but so far it’s been great for everything I’ve done.

View Hermit's profile

Hermit

#12 posted 09-04-2018 11:33 AM

I have the 6” model. No real complaints either.

-- I'm like the farmer's duck. If it don't rain, I'll walk.