Apply glue economically with outstanding ease and control

Review by DeLayne Peck posted 07-03-2018 06:22 AM 1168 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Apply glue economically with outstanding ease and control Apply glue economically with outstanding ease and control Apply glue economically with outstanding ease and control Click the pictures to enlarge them

There are a lot of products designed to serve as glue applicators. Here’s one borrowed for the purpose: The Toothette Oral Swab. The swab is essentially a porous, ribbed sponge cube on a 6” plastic handle. Normally, the swab is used for oral care in various medical settings. (Double click pictures to enlarge.)

I like the control the swab offers as a glue spreader. The ribbed head makes a perfect pattern. The amount of glue can be easily controlled. If the application is getting messy with too much glue, simply, flip up a dry side and sponge up the excess. Or, if the spread is starting to look dry, flip back to a wet side of the cube. The long handle provides a good reach into nooks and crannies.

A package of 20 Toothette Swabs sells for $7.00. That is 35 cents a piece. The swabs are disposable or could rinsed and dried for continued use. Most drug stores carry Toothette Swabs. Click here for Amazon’s listing.

-- DJ Peck, Lincoln Nebraska. Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

View DeLayne Peck's profile

DeLayne Peck

View nkawtg's profile

nkawtg

#1 posted 07-03-2018 02:54 PM

Nice!
Do you rinse them first to eliminate the baking soda?

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

#2 posted 07-03-2018 03:37 PM

View DeLayne Peck's profile

DeLayne Peck

#3 posted 07-03-2018 04:55 PM

Haven’t paid any attention to baking soda. It’s not evident on examination or in the results.

MrRon, that is a good price. Only difference I see is in the square head and ribbing. Two features I really like.

View oldnovice's profile

oldnovice

#4 posted 07-03-2018 06:29 PM

Nice, bu I believe that you still have to use waterproof glue when applying to dentures.

Thanks for this, I use Q Tips, a.k. cotton swabs a lot, (just bought 1000 long wooden stem ones via Amazon) but they always leave fuzz behind.

-- "I never met a board I didn't like!"

View socrbent's profile

socrbent

#5 posted 07-04-2018 04:42 PM

Dj, thanks for the review and idea. It may replace my yellow finger glue spreader. :)

-- socrbent Ohio

#6 posted 07-04-2018 05:13 PM

Interesting.

-- https://www.artisticwoodstudio.com/videos wood crafting & woodworking classes