Wood River #62 Unboxing

Review by Dimensions posted 07-02-2018 10:41 PM 693 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Wood River #62 Unboxing Wood River #62 Unboxing Wood River #62 Unboxing Click the pictures to enlarge them

Just added my second Hand Plane to my collection. I chose the Wood River #62 to get a little more versatility with my planes. Check out my honest, first time reactions, here…

View Rich's profile

Rich

#1 posted 07-03-2018 12:17 AM

If I want video reviews, I’ll go straight to youtube.

-- Half of what we read or hear about finishing is right. We just don’t know which half! — Bob Flexner

View ScottKaye's profile

ScottKaye

681 posts in 2070 days

#2 posted 07-03-2018 11:21 AM

I have to agree with Rich. You could have written a little something about it instead of just promoting your youtube channel. I come to this section for reviews of products fellow woodworkers have more experience with than I.

-- "Nothing happens until you build it"

#3 posted 07-03-2018 11:36 AM

Fair enough, when i get home this afternoon, I’ll take this thread down and write basically what i say in the video…. that seemed kinda redundant, but not a problem…

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#4 posted 07-03-2018 02:17 PM

It looks like a good plane. I appreciate you doing the review.

In general, with reviews, I do not look at ones that just say watch my video. I am also not into in unboxing as I do not care. Maybe I am older and just do not get the new ways of doing these things. Maybe redundant to write about it but that is what I like.

I want to know about fit and finish, is the blade flat and sharp. Is it smooth to adjust. Is it a good value compared to a LN or LV plane? The Woodriver is $184 versus LN at $245.

#5 posted 07-03-2018 09:51 PM

Ok so i did an actual review, as well as posted the video within the review. I cant figure out how to delete the other thread(only Edit)(this thread) so any help is appreciated.

My apologies for not doing this correctly the first time, and will keep this in mind moving forward.

I always appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, it helps me to get better!

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#6 posted 07-04-2018 12:18 AM

I do not think you did anything wrong but simply the preference of some like me. I appreciate that you went back and provided a written review. Thanks