How to book How to Carve Faces in Driftwood, By Harold L. Enlow

Review by Dick, & Barb Cain posted 01-05-2010 08:10 PM 3421 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
How to book How to Carve Faces in Driftwood, By Harold L. Enlow No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is the first book I bought, when I started woodcarving.

I bought this book at the Ozark Folk Center in Arkansas in 1980.

This book helped me a lot in my first attempts at carving.

Harold Enlow shows how to carve Wind Spirits, Etc. With a lot of step by step images.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just remembered that this “TREE TROLL” was taken from this book.

Click for details

View Dick, & Barb Cain's profile

Dick, & Barb Cain

View Abbott's profile

Abbott

2570 posts in 1941 days

#1 posted 01-06-2010 02:33 AM

I own a couple of carvings like that, I sure like them.

View wallkicker's profile

wallkicker

#2 posted 01-06-2010 03:48 AM

I have been carving for about a year now . Love it . Harold Enlow is considered one of the masters and highly thought of in the carving world .

View Les Casteel's profile

Les Casteel

#3 posted 02-14-2010 07:50 PM

I’m very lucky by living in the Ozarks and around several really good woodcarvers. Among them is Harold who lives only about 20 miles from me. I’ve had the chance to not only take his classes but talk with him personally and I’ve bought every book he has written.

You absolutely can’t go wrong in buying any or all of his books!

-- Les, Arkansas, www.woodthatrocks.com