Great Arts and Craft furniture resource

Review by Tim Dahn posted 01-03-2010 04:15 PM 1764 views 0 times favorited 5 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Great Arts and Craft furniture resource Great Arts and Craft furniture resource Great Arts and Craft furniture resource Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received this book as a Christmas gift and after a few looks through I can recommend this.

I has a good bit of info regarding arts & craft furniture including drawings with dimensions on several pieces. Overall, a good read.

If you are not familiar with the Grove Park Inn it is an incredible Arts and Craft style resort located in Asheville NC, full of A&C furniture and opened for business in 1913. If you want to check out the Inn’s website or have some extra coin for a $800+/night reservation: http://www.groveparkinn.com/Leisure/

Added – Jan 5 2010, be sure to see the response regarding rates from GPI.

-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

View stefang's profile

stefang

13524 posts in 2054 days

#1 posted 01-03-2010 05:49 PM

Thanks Tim. The book looks like a much better alternative than actually staying there.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.

#2 posted 01-03-2010 11:45 PM

I’ve heard of the Inn, But I didn’t know of the room rate.

I hope that furniture is already paid for.

View Todd A. Clippinger's profile

Todd A. Clippinger

#3 posted 01-05-2010 04:13 PM

I have this book and love it!

-- Todd A. Clippinger, Montana, http://americancraftsmanworkshop.com

#4 posted 01-05-2010 04:55 PM

Glad you are all enjoying this wonderful book. If you are a true A&C lover, you have to come to The Inn during the annual Arts & Crafts Conference, held each February. The author of the book, Bruce Johnson, serves as the conference director, and The Inn comes alive with thousands of visitors and vendors who all share the A&C passion.

Concerning the $800/night room rate mentioned above – actually, The Grove Park Inn is more affordable now than ever before! We’ve got great rates on midweek stays throughout January for just $129/night. I encourage you to visit our website and browse through our extensive array of packages and specials – I think you’ll be surprised.

Not trying to sound like an advertisement, just wanted to clarify the information. Hope to see you soon!

-- Historic resort located in Asheville, NC. http://www.groveparkinn.com

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

#5 posted 01-05-2010 05:12 PM

Wow $129 is reasonable, I stand corrected and will make a notation in the original post. Hope to come see the Inn someday too.