Excellent Rubber Glove

Review by ChunkyC posted 01-02-2010 11:58 PM 1619 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Excellent Rubber Glove No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Not your typical review and I know that a lot of other people use Nitrile gloves in the shop. I use the Advanced Tool Design Model ATD-6999 X-Large Blue Powder-Free, Fully Textured Nitrile Gloves, 100/box that I get from Amazon for about $9.00.

What I like most about the gloves is the fit. I like that they are “roomy” without being loose and are very sturdy. I snag the gloves on lots of little bits here and there a lot and they seldom tear. I use them for finishing and in the kitchen in the fall while cutting up hot peppers! I am able to reuse the gloves, usually only once though. After taking the off a couple of times, it gets pretty difficult to use them the third time.

-- Chunk's Workshop pictures: http://spadfest.rcspads.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

View ChunkyC's profile

ChunkyC

856 posts in 2009 days

View dustbunny's profile

dustbunny

1149 posts in 2050 days

#1 posted 01-03-2010 12:32 AM

Chuck,

Thanks for the review. Gloves are always something I forget to use until after my hands are all gluey, gooey, or chemically irritated. The price isn’t too bad either.

Just an additional note… nitrile gloves are latex free, for those that are sensitive, and made from a synthetic polymer. Most people can use them without any skin problems. Every shop should have a box : )

Lisa

-- Imagination rules the world. ~ Napoleon Bonaparte ~ http://quiltedwood.com

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#2 posted 01-03-2010 03:09 AM

I have very large hands and, in general, XL is not big enough for me. But you say that these XL gloves are “roomy”. For $9.00 (and a shipping charge) I will give them a try. Thanks.

View BigBard's profile

BigBard

#3 posted 01-03-2010 04:05 AM

lol, i thought i was getting a deal at Harbor freight for 11.99

-- Carolina Panther fan!

#4 posted 01-04-2010 05:48 AM

I also bought mine at HF , but waited for them to be on sale for $6.99 : ) They are holding up quite well so far !

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

3686 posts in 1919 days

#5 posted 01-04-2010 06:14 PM

Use a lot of similar gloves at work. Somehow, the same gloves get used in my shop. (-:

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska

#6 posted 01-04-2010 06:23 PM

Thanks for the tip.

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#7 posted 01-07-2010 06:23 AM

Based on this review I ordered a box of these gloves from Amazon. I have very large hands and I have never found a disposable glove that was comfortable. These are great gloves – even for me and my XXL hands. Thank you for the tip.

View ChunkyC's profile

ChunkyC

856 posts in 2009 days

#8 posted 01-07-2010 08:40 PM

Rich: Glad you liked the gloves. They are roomy and fit big hands like ours quit nicely. These gloves don’t fit “skin tight” like a lot of other rubber gloves and they have great grip too.