Colt Twin Land brad point wood bits

Review by ocean posted 05-13-2018 08:15 PM 1157 views 0 times favorited 16 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Colt Twin Land brad point wood bits Colt Twin Land brad point wood bits No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

My older set of brad point drills were getting dull and after drilling into a small brad buried in a rocking chair, it was time to get some new bits. I went looking for some new bits and found two sets at Infinity Tools. At $20 dollars the price was right. These bits by Colt are hard to believe. They are twin land bits and cut a very clean hole both in, thru and out the other side with ease. No splintering in or out and because of the twin land they clear the hole as you drill by funneling the chip out of the hole. Now many times have you drilled a hole a short ways in then back out to clear chip. Well get these and you will never do that again. They produce a very clean hole with minimal effort. I will be using and buying these bits again. Great price too.

-- Bob, FL Keys

View ocean's profile

ocean

View FirehouseWoodworking's profile

FirehouseWoodworking

#1 posted 05-14-2018 12:05 AM

Thanks for the review. These look very interesting and you are right about the price!

Where did you purchase them?

Cheers!

Infinity Tools

-- Bob, FL Keys

#3 posted 05-14-2018 02:38 PM

I like those!
Nice info provided by your review – thanks.

View MrRon's profile

MrRon

#4 posted 05-14-2018 03:13 PM

I checked the Infinity site and the brad point bits that cost $20 are metric and in stock. The imperial bits cost $15.95 and out of stock. They do get good reviews.

View ScottM's profile

ScottM

#5 posted 05-15-2018 11:50 AM

Amazon has them for $13.99 and on Prime.

#6 posted 05-15-2018 01:27 PM

Thanks Ocean, and thanks, ScottM! I just picked up a set. Bummer they don’t come in 1/32” increments – got some dowels I’ll need exact sizes for. But for everything else this seems just the ticket!

View Woodknack's profile

Woodknack

#7 posted 05-15-2018 04:30 PM

Nm, answered my own question by looking at the picture :)

-- Rick M, http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

#8 posted 05-15-2018 04:42 PM

I don’t know … does anyone offer brad point bits in 1/32” increments?

If they do, I won’t need a set, but i might get a couple to add to my existing drilling arsenal.

#9 posted 05-15-2018 05:09 PM

I don t know … does anyone offer brad point bits in 1/32” increments?

If they do, I won t need a set, but i might get a couple to add to my existing drilling arsenal.

- jimintx

Yeah, I have no idea actually. If you do, let me know, haha.

#10 posted 05-15-2018 11:08 PM

jam, i just googled on “5/32 brad point bit” and got a lot of results. Not sure what size you might be after, but give it a try.

#11 posted 05-16-2018 01:06 AM

well I suppose I could have done that… obviously it’s very pressing. I’ll take a look for my upcoming project with the dowels. Thanks.

View JohnDi's profile

JohnDi

#12 posted 05-16-2018 09:38 AM

Thanks OP, just grabbed a set also.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#13 posted 05-16-2018 03:52 PM

well I suppose I could have done that… obviously it s very pressing. I ll take a look for my upcoming project with the dowels. Thanks.

- jamsomito

Lee Valley has some amazing ones with their lipped Brad-Point bits. They even have 1/64” increments if you need them. I have a small set and it makes super clean holes with precision. A little pricey but well worth it IMO.

View BurlyBob's profile

BurlyBob

#14 posted 05-18-2018 03:26 AM

I forget where I got my set of Colt brad point drill bits. I sure like them.

View mdhills's profile

mdhills

#15 posted 05-20-2018 02:16 PM

Has anyone seen a larger set of these?

(I got a set of these from Holbren about 10 years ago, and have really liked them, but sometimes find myself looking for in-between sizes)

Matt