Lightweight, Compact Saw

Review by SirFatty posted 05-06-2018 01:01 PM 1021 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Lightweight, Compact Saw Lightweight, Compact Saw No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I wanted a miter saw for trim work, flooring and woodworking projects, but I didn’t want to get a 10” for a few reasons. First is the size, I don’t have the space for one. Second is the weight and third is the cost.

I was able to get this saw at Home Depot for $130 and for the small size it will be able to cut nearly anything I will need it for:

Maximum crosscut dimensions: 90° – 1-1/2 in. x 10 in.; 45° – 1-1/2 in. x 6 in.
Sliding head provides maximum capacity for up to 10 in. W boards at zero bevel

It also has an LED light that accurately aligns cutline with blade and illuminates the work piece

So far it works great, it’s quiet, lightweight and very accurate. I have to say that I’m pretty surprised on the accuracy part. And nowadays, there are plenty of blade options also.

For the money, this is one very capable saw, and worth every penny.

-- Visit my blog at dave.spalla.com

View SirFatty's profile

SirFatty

View mel52's profile

mel52

#1 posted 05-06-2018 04:00 PM

I also have the smaller Ryobi saw to go along with my 12” slider. The blade does a pretty good job, but just to see, I put a high tooth count Diablo, thin kerf blade on and it does a real good job. I made a small base for it and I can hang it on the wall out of the way. Just my opinion.

-- MEL, Kansas

#2 posted 05-06-2018 05:47 PM

Sounds like it was a worthwhile purchase

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View Joe Lyddon's profile (online now)

Joe Lyddon

#3 posted 05-06-2018 06:09 PM

Sounds good… If it Fits, wear it… :)

View R_Stad's profile

R_Stad

412 posts in 1922 days

#4 posted 05-07-2018 03:19 PM

I just layed some new flooring in my kitchen. It was a variable width pattern of 6,7,8” boards (real wood). My 10” miter saw not big enough. That little ryobi worked just fine for that application.

-- Rod - Oregon