Finally went and done it

Review by skiler posted 04-30-2018 11:31 PM 1983 views 0 times favorited 9 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Finally went and done it No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I finally went and done it. My R4512 finally stopped making good cuts so I got a Grizzly. I am SOOOOOOO impressed with this saw. Came with out a scratch on it. Easy to set up (with help). It was aligned right out of the box. The hardest part was getting it to my shop. It weighs 300 lbs in the box. Got an appliance dolly and a great big friend to help me move it. Made several cuts with it today. They were perfect. If you are thinking about an up grade, this is a really good deal.

#1 posted 05-01-2018 02:51 AM

Congrats

-- Norman - I never never make a mistake, I just change the design.

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#2 posted 05-01-2018 11:09 AM

Glad you are so happy with your saw. Why 3.5 stars if you are so happy with it?

#3 posted 05-01-2018 11:45 AM

Went in and edited to 5 stars. it still only gave it 4. It’s a great saw.

View jbuob's profile

jbuob

#4 posted 05-06-2018 02:20 AM

I had a 4512 also and it was impossible to align the blade to the miter slot since the trunnions and motor are mounted on the underside of the table. Read of several otehr issues with the saw too about blade alignment when raising and lowering blade. I sold it before I found that part out. So I bought a Laguna Fusion which is essentially the same type saw as your grizzly. VERY happy with it.

View CWT2017's profile

CWT2017

#5 posted 05-09-2018 06:48 PM

I’ve also been considering the Grizzly G0771z. I have a Ridgid R4510 which has actually been a good table saw for me.

Do you like the fence on the G0771z? I’ve read a lot of reviews about it, and many have said they don’t like the fence.

So, I have also looked at the G0833P which appears to have a better fence. The downside to the G0833P for me is that it is 220V, and I only have 115V available. It can be wired for 115V, but the plug would also have to be changed. The other consideration is the extra $200 for the G0833P.

-- CWT2017

View Andybb's profile

Andybb

#6 posted 05-09-2018 07:07 PM

So, I have also looked at the G0833P which appears to have a better fence.
- CWT2017

I have the 771 and have no issues with the fence. Read the reviews about the 833 having the better fence but at the end of the day my 771 fence is deadly accurate.

-- Andy - Seattle USA

#7 posted 05-09-2018 09:12 PM

CWT2017,
The fence is cantankerous to get set up but once you get it, it is pretty nice. I’m still dialing mine in. There is a small Teflon dot that holds the fence against the back of the rail. I had to back that off some. It’s still a little jerky but I think time and readjustment will make it smooth out.

View Rolle2259's profile