Generic Batteries for Dewalt DCD771 Cordless drill

Review by Blackie_ posted 04-18-2018 07:43 PM 1636 views 0 times favorited 19 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Generic Batteries for Dewalt DCD771 Cordless drill No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I found a set of Generic batteries that fit the Dewalt DCD771 cordless drill on Amazon. I purchased a couple of them and thus far that are worth their weight in gold. These batteries are larger (4.0ah) than the stock batteries (1.3ah) that come with the kit and work in the same charger that came with the drill kit.

They are a bit larger in that they are taller and a tad bit heavier.

Masione 20V 4.0Ah Max Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Dewalt Hammer Drill DCB204 DCB207

-- Randy - If I'm not on LJ's then I'm making Saw Dust. Please feel free to visit my store location at http://www.facebook.com/randy.blackstock.custom.wood.designs

View Bill_Steele's profile

Bill_Steele

#1 posted 04-18-2018 08:44 PM

It’s crazy how expensive the brand name batteries are (e.g. DeWalt)—I hope these hold up well over time.

View robscastle's profile

robscastle

#2 posted 04-18-2018 09:19 PM

Way to go Blackie,

The reason they are larger and heavier is there is twice as many cells in the pack, and ideally twice the operating time (theory only)

Being Lithium Ion.

a different characteristic to consider.

Dont forget dont charge them until you need them, at battery cut off they are at storage voltage.

-- Regards Rob

View jimintx's profile

jimintx

#3 posted 04-18-2018 10:55 PM

Your review, and the preceding research, is appreciated.

I checked the Amazon link, and found that the 2AH battery is only $16.99 + free shipping. I am going to order one of those now, and before your review I wouldn’t have known about this alternate brand for the 20v Dewalt gear.

I use my cordless stuff around the shop or house 99.8% of the time, and even the 1.5AH batteries do a good job for me, and they recharge quickly. I look forward to adding one more to the battery fleet, so the 2AH will be at great price point for my use.

-- Jim, Houston, TX

View TheFridge's profile

TheFridge

#4 posted 04-19-2018 03:13 AM

Seen a guy on YouTube take a HF (pretty sure) and a dewalt battery apart. Slightly different electronics essentially the same.

-- Shooting down the walls of heartache. Bang bang. I am. The warrior.

View DocSavage45's profile

DocSavage45

#5 posted 04-19-2018 03:35 AM

Good that you found a solution to your money and power problem.

-- Cau Haus Designs, Thomas J. Tieffenbacher

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#6 posted 04-19-2018 08:18 PM

Does it have the charge indicator LEDs on the back end?

View jimintx's profile

jimintx

#7 posted 04-19-2018 08:37 PM

Does it have the charge indicator LEDs on the back end?
- dhazelton

The amazon listing link for the 4AH unit, given in the review, shows that it does. The write up also includes that it has a “3-LED fuel gauge system that allows immediate feedback on state of charge”. I have not seen the actual item to determine from personal use or inspection.

There is no charge indicator on the 2AH I am getting.
And, there aren’t any on the current fleet of Dewalt branded ones I own, for that matter.

-- Jim, Houston, TX

View dhazelton's profile

dhazelton

#8 posted 04-19-2018 09:22 PM

Yeah, only the 3 amp hour (and above I assume) have one.

#9 posted 04-20-2018 02:18 PM

I never noticed the Led I’ll look next time.

#10 posted 04-20-2018 02:20 PM

One thing though that I did notice, the description no longer list DCD771 model number as it did when I purchased it but this is the same battery.

View PPK's profile (online now)

PPK

#11 posted 04-20-2018 03:28 PM

I hope they work great for you. I’ve purchased quite a number of aftermarket (various off-brand) batteries for my tools, and most of them work fine for the first few months, and then die really quickly. The quality just doesn’t seem to be there. Perhaps inferior cells inside the packs. Unfortunately, in this world, it seems like you always get what you pay for, or less. But hey, here’s to hoping they last many years for you!!

-- Pete

View Mainiac Matt 's profile

Mainiac Matt

#12 posted 04-20-2018 08:23 PM

Very interested in these.

How long have you had them in service?

I’m somewhat troubled by this review on Amazon….

On a side note… the YouTube commercials for Rigid are now saying that they give you lifetime replacement batteries when you buy their tools. But who’s lifetime is it I wonder…. Joe’s 12 year old dog? I’ve heard comments on LJ’s several time about people being very disappointed with Rigid’s warranty service. They won’t ship you parts, and you eat the cost of shipping the tool to the authorized service center, which can cost as much as the tool did.

-- I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam

View Holt's profile

Holt

#13 posted 04-20-2018 08:48 PM

Lithium-ion batteries are not as hardy NiCads or NiMH. I wonder if that two pack reviewed above may have taken some physical abuse in shipping that lead to their early demise? Another thing I wonder about “cheap” replacement/compatible lithium-ion batteries is the on-board electronics. That would be one of those areas where a manufacturer could cut cost and quality and it wouldn’t show in normal battery performance but might be a problem where longevity is concerned…

-- ...Specialization is for insects.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#14 posted 04-20-2018 09:52 PM

I bought a few high capacity batteries to be used with my Craftsman C3 lawn & garden due to their heavy requirement and they’ve been working for over 1 year with no loss in power yet. Mine were made by Flagpower.

#15 posted 04-21-2018 01:33 AM

I could have sworn I read the reviews on these, I sure hope I haven’t counted my chickens before they hatched.