new saw for xmas

Review by csifishguy posted 12-27-2009 07:19 PM 3901 views 1 time favorited 11 comments Add to Favorites Watch
new saw for xmas No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is what my wife got me for xmas, I guess I was a good boy this year. I have not seen a table saw built so heavy and nice as this since I was in High School woodshop in 1978. Wow and it cuts straight right out of the box. I have not used the router table yet I still need to buy a router. I would highly recomend this saw to anyone who wants a great saw at a great price.

View csifishguy's profile

csifishguy

View Andrew's profile

Andrew

#1 posted 12-27-2009 08:08 PM

And a Merry Christmas to all!

-- Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless, it moves at half speed like ....-As the Saw Turns

View Jason White's profile

Jason White

108 posts in 2056 days

#2 posted 12-28-2009 12:51 AM

I have that same saw. You’re going to love it!

Jason

View JasonWagner's profile

JasonWagner

#3 posted 12-28-2009 04:45 AM

I have a 1023SLWX and I am very happy. The router wing is great. I built a fence on the table saw fence that works great. Merry Christmas! I did swap out the belts for notched V-belts and it’s a lot smoother on starup. Shut down still shudders just a little for me.

-- some day I hope to have enough clamps to need a clamp cart!

View Xtreme90's profile

Xtreme90

#4 posted 12-28-2009 02:46 PM

Nice saw! :)

I own grizzlys G0605X1, haven’t had the chance to quick post a review on it yet. But when I do, lots of good things to say about it!! You’ll be very impressed with grizzlys higher end table saws such as the one above. :)

-- "I don't cut wood. I machine it!" G.M. The wood machinest

View jackd942's profile

jackd942

#5 posted 12-29-2009 03:09 AM

I have the same saw and love it as I know you will. The only thing is that I ordered the 7 ft rails a couple of months ago to increase the capacity for a cabinet job I have been doing. Great saw!

-- --Jack D - Southeast Missouri -- http://deltawoodworks.com

View matt garcia's profile

matt garcia

#6 posted 12-29-2009 05:14 AM

Congrats! That is a beauty!!

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

congrats on the new saw

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#9 posted 12-30-2009 03:55 PM

Congratulations! On Grizzly products in general there appears to be no middle ground. Some people have great experiences with them and love them (including me) and others hate them.

View bonesbr549's profile

bonesbr549

#10 posted 01-02-2010 02:44 AM

Congrats on the saw you will love it. I’ve had the 1023slx for over 5 years and not an ounce of trouble. I also have their 17”HD BS, Horizontal boring machine, and 12” jointer. All very good products! Enjoy the toy!

View knotscott's profile

knotscott

5512 posts in 2061 days

#11 posted 01-09-2010 03:14 PM

Congrats on your new saw! I’ve got a very similar Shop Fox, and am really happy with it.

Did you know there’s an aftermarket riving knife that’ll fit your saw called the Bolt On Ripping Knife (BORK)? A fellow woodworker named Bob Ross (Walnutacrewoodworking.com) developed it. I’ve had one installed since right after I got the saw in August of 2008….once setup it works really well.
!