|Review by Zuki||posted 01-15-2008 03:09 AM||3598 views||0 times favorited||5 comments|
I purchased the TS2400LS in late December 2006. I needed a powerful and feature laden portable table saw for my workshop. I reviewed other portable saws including:
I did not review the Makita 2704X1 it was not available at that time.
I decided on the Ridgid for several reasons:
- the non-pneumatic tires make for a more stable base
- T- tracks in the table top
- beveled top edge allowing the miter to slide easily
- the slots in the fence allows jigs to be easily attached
- mico-adjusting fence
- dust port
- miter, fence and guard stores away very compactly and
- the saw can be stored flush against garage wall.
After using it for a little over a year I am still very happy with the saw and I love the stand. The only non-positives I could come up with include:
- Stock blade is good for rough work. But then again what stock blade is good for fine work.
- The top is coated with a textured paint that tends to scratch if metal objects strike\scratch it.
- On\off switch is a little small. I sometime find it difficult to find when turning off the saw
I would recommend this saw to anyone who is looking for portable table saw