Woodstock W1109 Mitersaw Stop Biesemeyer Clone Is Junk

Review by Commarato53 posted 03-18-2018 12:31 PM 1369 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Woodstock W1109 Mitersaw Stop Biesemeyer Clone Is Junk No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I saw this product at my local woodworking supplier and was intrigued that it was a clone of a Biesemeyer mitersaw stop that is no longer available. When I bought my Biesemeyer mitersaw table system and original stop almost 20 years ago, they are some of the most used tools in my shop. I was hopeful this Woodstock stop would work as well so I could have multiple stop configurations. The stop is advertised for use with a 2×4 Wood home built miter saw rail, but I was hopeful it would work on the Biesemeyer system. The unit is made in China and requires assembly. Though the finish is fine on the product, the parts do not fit well together. Seems very cheaply made. Trying it on the Biesemeyer system, the stop does not sit down on the rail close enough to the measuring tape to usefully utilize the clear cursors. Also on the Biesemeyer rail the unit would not clamp properly and doesn’t hold. Not even close to the quality of my original Biesemeyer. So I disappointed I returned it for a refund. My recommendation is not to waste your money on this there are better solutions out there.

View diverlloyd's profile

diverlloyd

2870 posts in 1912 days

#1 posted 03-18-2018 02:21 PM

So does it work with the 2×4 homemade rail it was intended to be used with?

View Rick  Dennington's profile (online now)

Rick Dennington

#2 posted 03-18-2018 03:13 PM

That’s a major problem these days with crap made it China….Nothing ever works like it’s supposed to….The quality of tools and machines have gone down hill for many years, and it makes one wonder, or even afraid to buy these crappy products…..

-- " At my age, happy hour is a crap and a nap".....

#3 posted 03-18-2018 08:23 PM

So does it work with the 2×4 homemade rail it was intended to be used with?

- diverlloyd

Though the lack of quality in my opinion, I think this stop would work fine with a 2×4 fence rail. The Biesemeyer rail is epoxy coated making it somewhat slick. I think a wood fence rail would be rough enough for this stop to grip.

View diverlloyd's profile

diverlloyd

2870 posts in 1912 days

#4 posted 03-18-2018 08:51 PM

Thanks it looks like an interesting design. I think I will put it on my to make list.

#5 posted 03-18-2018 08:59 PM

- diverlloyd

Yes the Biesemeyer stops are going for almost $150 on eBay now. It would be simple to duplicate with a little welding and easy machine work.

View spunwood's profile

spunwood

#6 posted 03-18-2018 10:46 PM

Here’s what I did for myself using an MLCS outfeed table

-- I came, I was conquered, I was born again. ἵνα ὦσιν ἓν