Perfect for when you need precise setup

Review by Rick posted 12-22-2009 08:47 PM 1769 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Perfect for when you need precise setup No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

When ever I need to set my table saw or router to an exact height or router table fence to an exact depth, I grab this. If you’d like to get this kind of precision but don’t like the price… Just buy it and get it over with. I was the same way. You’ll end up getting it someday so you might as well get it now.

View Rick's profile

Rick

View jack1's profile

jack1

1939 posts in 2713 days

#1 posted 12-23-2009 05:18 AM

They make great products. I have most all of them.

-- jack -- ...measure once, curse twice!

View richgreer's profile

richgreer

#2 posted 12-25-2009 10:46 PM

I have one of these and I agree that it is a valuable tool. I find that I am using a little differently than I expected. I usually set the tool to the height I want. Then I tighten the set screw to hold that setting. I make certain that a high point of a tooth is in line with the tool. I slowly raise the saw blade or router bit until I make contact. The easiest way to know when you make contact is to watch the base of the tool.