Every woodworker should have one of these.

Review by Rick posted 12-22-2009 08:37 PM 2431 views 0 times favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Every woodworker should have one of these. No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This is used nearly every time my pencil is used. It’s just great. Perfect layouts are so much easier in every way now. I don’t really have much else to say. The picture is pretty self explanitory.
Oh, I use the 6 inch because I usually make smaller things. Even if you make large projects most of the layout is at the end of the board for joinery and what not so the 6 inch should be fine for that too.
Get one. I can’t imagine you’ll wish you hadn’t.

View Rick's profile

Rick

View ErikB's profile

ErikB

#1 posted 12-22-2009 10:04 PM

I have the 12” model. It’s my go-to measuring device in my shop.

View Douglas Bordner's profile

Douglas Bordner

#2 posted 12-23-2009 02:16 AM

Been using the 12 incher for years, so long in fact that I could read the 64ths easily when I bought it. Not so much these days without bifocals.

I still use a 12˝ Starett combo often; as the Incra is floppy, but between the two things are covered pretty well.

-- "Bordnerizing" perfectly good lumber for over a decade.

View Tim Dahn's profile

Tim Dahn

#3 posted 12-23-2009 02:33 AM

Have it, wouldn’t be without one, use it all the time.

-- Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.

#4 posted 12-23-2009 02:49 AM

A super measuring device

#5 posted 12-23-2009 02:52 AM

These are great rules….the 3” is also very handy : )

View jack1's profile

jack1

1998 posts in 2998 days

#6 posted 12-23-2009 05:17 AM

I’m convinced. I’ve been putting off buying these but I will.

-- jack -- ...measure once, curse twice!

View BobD's profile

BobD

#7 posted 12-23-2009 05:30 AM

Great layout tool but must use a 5mm pencil.

-- Bob, San Diego

View sparks's profile

sparks

62 posts in 2060 days

#8 posted 12-23-2009 06:34 AM

Where’s the best place to order one?

-- Sparks

View longgone's profile

longgone

#9 posted 12-23-2009 07:36 AM

The are excellent. You can’t go wrong with anything made by Incra. Their tools are as much addictive as they are accurate. I bought numerous Incra products from www.incrementaltools.com and from www.woodpeck.com
I just received my Incra Incra LS positioner super system and Incra router table today and will spend time setting it up in the next couple of days. Their products are not cheap…but top quality never is cheap but I figure I will not have to replace these products.

View Holt's profile

Holt

#10 posted 06-25-2013 06:50 PM

I bought the 18” model thinking that too long still works where too short might not. It’s a great tool and I’ll probably buy the 6” model (maybe the 12” too) just for the convenience!