Laguna 14-12 Short & Sweet

Review by Andybb posted 03-08-2018 09:25 PM 795 views 0 times favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Laguna 14-12 Short & Sweet No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

For some reason I’m not bright enough to figure out how to add a second episode on a blog so I’ll just post this separately.

Well, finally got around to opening and assembling today. Can’t really say I had any issues. After watching and reading everything on this saw for months I knew what documented issues I had seen so I was on the lookout. I saw none of them.

Here was the process.
1. Assemble while following the Laguna videos. (Per a video I saw I loosened by 1/2 turn the two horizontal bolts that the upper wheel slides on and I replaced the plastic stock insert that slides into the lower cabinet with a zero clearance insert for better dust collection.) My dust collection is powered by Shop Vac. There was virtually no dust in the base.

Using both the 3/4” Resaw King and their 1/2” blade it ripped and re-sawed perfectly with zero adjustment for drift. So basically, the saw was fine right out of the box. End of story. Blade changes were quick and easy. De-tension, swap blade, re-tension, zero drift!

As far as customer service goes, I called them because the motor pulley in my saw is perfect for another project so I called to order it. I mentioned how much I loved the saw. The rep said he was glad I was a happy customer and he was sending me another Resaw King at no charge. Could not be happier.

What I learned is that Snodgrass is right, but with a caveat. There is no drift…..As long as you have a good saw, which he always does in his vids.

-- Andy - Seattle USA

View Andybb's profile

View Rich's profile

#1 posted 03-09-2018 05:00 AM

Dang. A free Resaw King for complimenting customer service? I gotta remember that.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the saw, Andy. It looks really awesome.

-- No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

View Andybb's profile

#2 posted 03-09-2018 05:02 AM

I know, right? ;-)

-- Andy - Seattle USA

View rizzo's profile

#3 posted 03-11-2018 05:04 PM

Congrats on your new saw!!! I have that saw as well and I’m sure you will come to love it as much as I love mine.

View garageking's profile

#4 posted 03-14-2018 03:29 PM

I have had the 1412 for over 2 years and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Blade changes were an ordeal on my old Grizzly but not on this saw.I like the ceramic guides and I also like how easily the guides disassemble for cleaning. I don’t do enough resawing to justify the Resaw King but I just ordered a Woodslicer blade today. The 14bx was not available when I bought the 1412; I might one day sell the 1412 for either that saw or the 18bx. On the other hand I think I could easily enjoy this saw for many years!

-- David, Kentucky