Oneida’s Dust Deputy-The Industrial Steel Version

Review by Commarato53 posted 02-24-2018 04:11 PM 1584 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Oneida’s Dust Deputy-The Industrial Steel Version No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I recently bought the steel version of the dust deputy at $129.00. Two days later Oneida upped the price to 199.00, so I got in just in time. I went with the steel version because often I vacuum up metal swarf from my machine shop tools as well as wood dust. This unit is well built heavy steel with a thick powder coat. I purchased a 14 gallon Eagle brand container with a removable clamped top. The Eagle Container is fantastic extremely heavy HDPE plastic that won’t collapse under pressure like a 5 gallon bucket. It was purchased on Amazon for $29 with free shipping. A great buy.

So far this set up works just like the plastic dust deputy versions, just more heavy duty. I was pressed to buy this at 129.00 and $20 to ship…probably wouldn’t do it at the new price $219, as Oneida has made this product overpriced.

My only complaint is the unit has 2” inlet and outlets, as this size doesn’t accommodate any standard shop vac hoses. Oneida includes a gray rubber adapter to go to a 2-1/2” standard shop vac hose, but you really need two adapters and for $129, the should have included two. So if you purchase this steel version buy an additional adapter

View Commarato53's profile

Commarato53

View Kelly's profile

Kelly

#1 posted 03-01-2018 06:20 AM

I’ve been using my metal DD for pushing ten years and it remains gold in my shop and on the work site.

I didn’t waste effort and time chasing adapters. I just wrapped a few layers of duct tape around the input and the shop vac hose slips over it. The tape is as old as the machine and still plugging along.

The pick up end is smaller hose you could stand on, bought to keep a Paint Shaver Pro alive. That port required even less duct tape.

View Commarato53's profile

Commarato53

#2 posted 03-05-2018 01:36 PM

I ve been using my metal DD for pushing ten years and it remains gold in my shop and on the work site.

I didn t waste effort and time chasing adapters. I just wrapped a few layers of duct tape around the input and the shop vac hose slips over it. The tape is as old as the machine and still plugging along.

- Kelly

Thanks for the tip Kelly, I used some gorilla tape on the intake port just like you mentioned and my Bosch hose fit perfect.

View Kelly's profile