CASES AND BASES BY CHARLES NEIL

Review by a1Jim posted 1584 days ago 3431 views 0 times favorited 23 comments Add to Favorites Watch
CASES AND BASES  BY CHARLES NEIL No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received my long awaited DVD set “Cases And Bases” by Charles Neil. Charles is a one of a kind he’s as real as it gets and as knowledgeable as anyone I’ve ever watched there Videos or read there books . I own most of Charles DVDs and have been more than pleased with every one I’ve ever purchased or seen on you tube.
This DVD set has a total of 8 disc. covering every thing you could imagine and more about many difference
styles of base and case work and techniques dealing with everything from kitchen cabinets to Bombe chest.
As a 20 year professional furniture maker and cabinet maker every time Charles would start a particular subject I would say to my self OH I know how to do that, WRONG! I may have done the that particular operation before but Charles always as a unique ,innovative and simplified way to do some of the most complicated and even the more simple pieces. As he would say”it just makes sense”. If you want to learn more about building furniture This DVD set can’t be beat . The only thing I didn’t like about it is that it ended ,even though it’s 600 minutes long( 9 hours) it seemed to just fly by.

View sandhill's profile

sandhill

2081 posts in 2426 days

Hey thank Jim I did not know he put out that set I have the finishing set and it looks and sound like this is a must.
Thanks Bud

-- Bob Egbert AKA Sandhill http://www.sandhillwoodworks.com/

View DocK16's profile

DocK16

Thanks for the review Jim. I have been mulling over buying this video set for awhile. 535 minutes is alot of air time. Cost?

-- Common sense is so rare anymore when you do see it, it looks like pure genius.

View degoose's profile

degoose

Waiting on mine… looking forward to seeing what he has to say… a lot I imagine..
I have Doors and Drawers

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View araldite's profile

araldite

187 posts in 1906 days

Mine arrived last week. I’m just trying to find the time to view it; tough time of year to find free time for anything.

View grizzman's profile

grizzman

hey jim…i went to his site and looked at the dvd’s available and its not listed….am i missing something..i would like to maybe purchase it…can ya let me know

-- GRIZZMAN ...[''''']

109374 posts in 2079 days

Hey Grizz I don’t think they have it posted yet just shoot them and e mail

or send Charles a PM he’s a member.

Hey gang
Just got an email from Charles, They are taking care of the pre-order folks first who signed up a while ago and then they will put it on there DVD order list should be next week. The price is $ 89.95

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

Jim
Sounds good, I’ve been watching some of his freebee’s, maybe it’s time to look thru his collection. Man time has been so short these past few weeks, now I have to add 535 minutes worth of video, 420 minutes on LJ’s, 3000 minutes at work, 1500 minutes in the shop, I guess I’ll have to stop hanging around with my wife and kid for a week or two, or give up sleep!!! Thanks Jim (I think) LOL.

Bob

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

View gmerteng's profile

gmerteng

Thanks for the review Jim. I did not watch any charles Neil videos until i joined LJs, but you are right his methods seem very simple with excellent results. I am building a dining set right now and i am going to try and scoop the chairs like on his video i seen on you tube. Do you have his finishing dvd set and if so is it good?

-- Mert,Oshkosh WI,

View CharlesNeil's profile

CharlesNeil

Hijacked Charles Username – Sherri here.

When we release a new set to our subscribers at a pre-sale price, we wait for a bit before releasing retail giving us enough time to recover! LOL! Our plan is to release on our website the first week of 2010 and then to retailers about 6 weeks after that. But…...since members of LJ’s are special too, Charles wanted me to pass along the pre-sale purchase price to you guys. The set is 8 discs and the retail is $89.95, special price is $69.95. Here is the link where you can purchase at the special price and I’ll leave it up for you until we go live on our site at $89.95.

Click Here to Order 'Cases and Bases' DVD set for $69.95

Note – Just ignore the expiration date, the link to the cart is still active. Also, we do have several in stock but we are in the process of re-stocking but these sets will ship within 2-3 days of receipt of order,

On another note, in the next few days our DVD store at our web site will be changing formats making it easier to find all of our

View TheDane's profile

TheDane

Just want to say that, as usual, a1Jim has it right. My set arrived a week ago, and I have watched all but disk #8. I have a bunch of Charles Neil’s DVD sets, have thoroughly enjoyed them all, and this one could be his best yet.

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

Uh …. Jim?

Thank you for an excellent review, but …. this morning …. I was finally telling myself that I didn’t really need anything else, and was done spending money for a while :-)

Now … I have Sherri’s link open in my browser!! Uh-oh!!!

Particularly since reading is tough for me, I’m sure I’d get a TON of good info out of these vids. Thanks much!

-- -- Neil

109374 posts in 2079 days

Come on Neil go for it. Maybe Charles will come out with a DVD on how to control electrictions LOL

View mtkate's profile

mtkate

2049 posts in 1827 days

$ 89.95 is already a great deal for a wonderful brain dump – which I am SURE it is after seeing only one of his DVDs so far. $69.95 is a steal.

Jim, thanks for this great alert! Oh oh, I also have Sherri’s link opened….

Hey mtkate
Your Right it’s a bargain either way . But it was nice of Charles and Sherri to give an LJers a special price.