Craftsman 22124

Review by njcraftsman posted 12-10-2009 03:37 AM 7638 views 0 times favorited 25 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Craftsman 22124 No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Okay I must admit that this has drastically improved my shop. I had been using a thirty year old cotractors saw, that although I had fitted with a Vega Fence, out feed tables etc, Was nearing the end of it’s life. Bought this one after doing some SERIOUS research :o).....and ….ah reading some reviews on this site. The motor is nice and strong (recently cut some 7 quarter hard maple with no porblems). The beisey fence is a dream!!!
Blade was perfectly aligned to the miter right outta the box, Fence wasn’t but that was a piece of cake. The cabinet does build dust but, but it just gets to a certain point and the slides down the slope inside and the dust collector eats it. I did the nickel test and it passed with flying colors. I also love the fact that even though lots of people call it a hybrid saw, it has massive cabinet mounted trunnions. Over all I love the thing and would highly recommend it to anyone.

-- " There is no more important rule than to wear these, SAFTEY GLASSES"

View njcraftsman's profile

#1 posted 12-10-2009 03:48 AM

congrats on the new saw

-- Custom furniture

View ChuckV's profile

#2 posted 12-10-2009 03:57 AM

I have had mine for two years and still love it – no problems with it whatsoever. It seems that this saw disappeared from the Sears site for a while, but I am glad to see that it is back. I do not know if you got it on sale or not, but I suggest that you keep an eye on the price for a while. If it goes down within 30 days of your purchase, Sears will let you have it for the sale price by refunding the difference. I got $100 back this way.

Enjoy your new saw.

-- “And it's only the giving that makes you what you are. ” ― I. Anderson

View gbvinc's profile

#3 posted 12-10-2009 04:09 AM

I have been using mine for about five years now. Has handled everything I’ve thrown at it. (I work mostly with hardwoods) I did get an Incra mitre guage to replace the stock piece, but other than that, using it as it came out of the box.

Enjoy your new saw!

View csifishguy's profile

#4 posted 12-10-2009 05:12 AM

I looked at that saw it is nice but chose this instead had a hard time choosing, Grizzly 1023slw

Good luck with your new saw, I just got mine a few days ago and have only cut scrap so far can not wait to actually make something nice.

View wrenchhead's profile

#5 posted 12-10-2009 05:24 AM

I have the same saw and I love it!!!The only small complaint I have is the hieght adjustment moves when I am locking down the wing nut.It is not a big deal though. I would buy it again in a minute

-- I could quit if I wanted

View Bob Kollman's profile

Bob Kollman

#6 posted 12-10-2009 07:42 AM

It looks good!!! Craftsman can be good in that often they will throw in extras or all the essientals are included in the base price. Keep them fingers…play safe!!!

-- Bob Kenosha Wi.

View Brad_Nailor's profile

#7 posted 12-10-2009 02:34 PM

Nice new saw! Your gonna love that fence…I love mine!

View Andrew's profile

#8 posted 12-10-2009 03:26 PM

Thanks for the review, We have to be careful what craftsman products we buy, I bought the table say just below yours, and I love it, I think I even he=ad the confidence to buy it without the extended warranty. But a lot of their big tools are crap, but I think they are weeding those out, not sure. As long as you are happy, then we all are happy for you. God Bless and Good Luck.
Happy Holidays.

-- Even a broken clock is right twice a day, unless, it moves at half speed like ....-As the Saw Turns

View Tim_456's profile

#9 posted 12-10-2009 05:10 PM

I’ve had mind for a few years now and I love it. It’s the perfect size for my shop and has done everything I’ve asked of it. Congrats on the new toy :D

View Raspar's profile

#10 posted 12-10-2009 05:31 PM

Nice, I just picked up the saw from a friend that was upgrading to a Uni-saw. He only used it sparingly and that is the only reason I bought a used one. So far I love the saw and based on the reviews here and other places looks like I will love it for a while. Good woodworking…

-- Have thy tools ready. God will find thee work.

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

#11 posted 12-10-2009 07:43 PM

Craftsman huh? Who’d have thought it! Congratulations.

-- Don, Pittsburgh

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

#12 posted 12-11-2009 05:46 AM

Drool noise. ….BIESEMEYER fence
MLCS Power Switch?

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View SouthpawCA's profile

#13 posted 12-11-2009 06:37 PM

I purchased the same saw almost 3 years ago and still love it. The only thing I did was to move the power switch to the other side. I don’t know why the capability to put the switch on either side wasn’t included in the original design. I have mine on a heavy duty Shop Fox mobile base and everything stays in line when moving. I’ve been able to rip 8/4 oak with no problem with my Freud blade. My only complaint is the lack of a splitter when the whole guard apparatus is removed, but there are many 3rd party add-ons available.

-- Don

View nordichomey's profile

#14 posted 12-12-2009 01:13 AM

I recently bought a new saw and it significantly improved the experience. Have fun!

-- nordichomey

View CottageWorkshop's profile

#15 posted 12-13-2009 04:41 AM

Congrats! I’ve had mine for three years now and I still absolutely LOVE it! Even though I use freud blades now, it did come with an excellent blade which was a big bonus. Be careful though, drool will cause rust spots!

-- Visit me in the Cottage Workshop!