Sanding paddle

Review by hairy posted 02-04-2018 03:08 PM 433 views 0 times favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Sanding paddle No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Like most of you, I really enjoy and look forward to sanding my project. To me it’s what woodworking is all about. Spending some quality time doing a simple task is so rewarding. Yeah, right!

I bought this a few years back, 3 or 4 at least. I use it on every project. Initially purchased for use on my lathe, I use it more at the workbench. It is a velcro hook and loop system. I can have 4 different grits on the paddle at once. It’s great for little touch ups when getting a piece ready to finish, or removing stubborn pencil marks. It works very well for hand sanding with the lathe running. I always use the 2 and 3/8” pads. It is not a replacement for palm sanders,random orbit, drum or any other sanding tool.

Some woods, catalpa is bad for this, have soft grain and hard grain. I have created ruts by hand sanding, I think it’s the gap between my fingers causing uneven pressure. This pad eliminates that.

Everything I have bought from Vince is top quality, and it ships quickly.

-- My reality check bounced...

View hairy's profile

hairy

View lew's profile

lew

11946 posts in 3664 days

#1 posted 02-04-2018 07:14 PM

Thanks for the link!

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View Tennessee's profile

Tennessee

#2 posted 02-05-2018 01:22 PM

This is what I love about lumberjocks – people finding little online stores that hold neat tools I would never find.
Thanks!