Big, sturdy and functional

Review by ChunkyC posted 1688 days ago 2485 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Big, sturdy and functional No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Where Purchased: Amazon.com
Price: $29.95

From the Manufacturer
This convenient, mechanical push button switch features a large paddle “stop”, to allow you to quickly shut off power to your 120-Volt ac machinery. Placing the switch where you can use your hip or knee to bump it into the “off” position gives you the freedom to never take your hands off the work-Piece to turn off the machine. Surface mounts quickly and easily. Maximum 20-Amps.

This is a nice big On/Off switch! If we could give half stars, I’d give it 4-1/2 because the power cord is a little short. I think the cord is about 6’ long. In my case, it’s a perfect length because there’s a duplex right behind my router router table making it a non issue for me. If you need a longer cord, MLCS has a model that comes sans cords. You can use some SO cord and make what ever length cord you need then. It mounts easily with two screws, no supplied.

I would recommend this switch. I am considering buying the model without the cords to replace the pitiful on/off switch on my table saw.

The switch without cords is $24.59.

Sincerely,

-- Chunk's Workshop pictures: http://spadfest.rcspads.com/thumbnails.php?album=135

View ChunkyC's profile

ChunkyC

View lilredweldingrod's profile

lilredweldingrod

ChunkyC,
I, too, like this switch. I repaced the switch on my bandsaw with the cordless model. I have two more in the drawer to go on equipment I am reworking.

View wiswood2's profile

wiswood2

I got a dead man switch on my band when you take your foot of it stops I do a lot of short cuts and it works great for tha

Chuck

-- Chuck, wiswood2 www.wisconsinwoodchuck.com

111999 posts in 2175 days

good addition to any saw.

View Jim Jakosh's profile

Jim Jakosh

Hi ChunckyC That is a nice switch. I put one on my router table and my band saw. I bought the switchs only from Grizzley for 9.99 ea. and they look just like it. I wired it in place of the old switch . The original switch on my Grizzley band saw had two buttons- both of which pushed rather hard. Now it goes on easy and is much safer to shut off by hittiing the paddle. I’m going to get two more for my lathes. The first one I had was on my Ryobi table saw and I love it. I can hit the paddle with a pusher stick without even seeing it. They are good additions to machines in your shop!!!!!!!!!!!

....................Jim

View Rick  Dennington's profile

Rick Dennington

Hey Chunk: These really are nice switches. I bought mine from Rockler when I built the Norm router station.

I think I gave the same price: $29.95, and got some Ttrack and a miter track, also.

They are a nice replacement for the switches that come on some of the machines.

Thanks for the review. Keep making sawdust, and keep on keeping on…............ Rick (aka Tubby).

-- " I started with nothing, and I've still got most of it left".......

View tooldad's profile

tooldad

I personally use the ones from Grizzly. They mount into a standard single gang outlet box. I use a remodel style box and cut out the rectangle. Finally I get a 8-16ft heavy duty extension cord (none of that 16ga wire junk) and cut the cord about a foot from the receptacle end. Feed the 2 cut ends of the ext cord into the box and wire it up on each side of the switch.

If you haven’t checked prices, cutting an ext cord is usually cheaper than buying male and female ends and wire separately. Heck it saves a bunch of screwdriver turning and lets me get back to woodworking faster too!

View John Gray's profile

John Gray

I have one of these on my router table and love it. Maybe I should get one for my tablesaw too.

-- Only the Shadow knows....................

View WistysWoodWorkingWonders's profile

WistysWoodWorkingWonders

11908 posts in 1755 days

I added one of these to my router table and it has worked great… very good upgrade to any tool and it adds safety and convenience… for sure worth every penny paid…

-- New Project = New Tool... it's just the way it is, don't fight it... :)

View steffen707's profile

steffen707

Do they make anything like this for 220v?

-- If you think it will take a week and cost $100, it will take a month and cost $400.

View tooldad's profile