Aux Table for the WorkSharp 3000

Review by Dan Katz posted 01-30-2018 12:24 PM 1377 views 1 time favorited 4 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Aux Table for the WorkSharp 3000 Aux Table for the WorkSharp 3000 Aux Table for the WorkSharp 3000 Click the pictures to enlarge them

I couldn’t upload my pictures in the comment section so I’m trying here to post them.
Here are a few photos of my set up for carving ad turning tools. I don’t use the turning set up often but for carving this is easy and will produce a very sharp edge starting at 240 if necessary all the way up to 1500.
I have 3 wheels with 240-400-600-800-1000-1500

-- VillageCarver,Chattanooga

View Dan Katz's profile

Dan Katz

View fivecodys's profile

fivecodys

#1 posted 01-30-2018 10:08 PM

That is very clever!
I love my WorkSharp. I have been wanting to build the Stumpy Nubs table for it.
Thanks for sharing!

-- There' are two theories to arguin' with a woman. Neither one works.

View Sark's profile

Sark

#2 posted 01-30-2018 10:57 PM

Excellent. Thanks for sharing

View dustyal's profile

dustyal

#3 posted 01-31-2018 02:37 AM

I just made three MDF wheels for my WS 3000. I cut disks from self adhesive vinyl magnetic material (available on line) and then bought metal diamond coated disks on line. These disks were shipped from China, literally. Magnetic vinyl and diamond disks were about $40 total. Grits I purchased were 240, 500, 800, 1500, 3000, and I used 2000 wet/dry for the six side.

I did need to buy slightly longer center knob. I trued MDF disks on lathe… that I have never done. I wanted a way to sharpen lathe tools, and misc knives. It all worked well. It was a fun project.

Now I need to try your tool holder to work the tool bevels uniformly. Thanks for the idea.

-- Al H. - small shop, small projects...

View Doug's profile

Doug

#4 posted 02-04-2018 06:32 PM

genius. i see my next shop project before I turn another blank!

thank you for sharing!

Cheers!

-- The only limit to your skills is your willingness to learn