Digital Shop clock you can see any angle

Review by Rayne posted 01-13-2018 03:37 AM 1078 views 1 time favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Digital Shop clock you can see any angle Digital Shop clock you can see any angle Digital Shop clock you can see any angle Click the pictures to enlarge them

Anyone been looking for a robust, digital weather station that you can hang in your shop, see the temperature AND relative Humidity outside, inside, shop, AND can actually read it from any angle and most distances? If this is you, Marathon has the answer for you! I have been hunting down for a good weather station for my shop for a long time. I’ve tried several where it was just impossible to read at most angles if you’re not directly facing it. I looked at the details on this and saw that the display had super large numbers with 3 sensors, so I took a chance on this. I don’t regret it one bit. So nice to see the time, temp of my shop and the temp outside. It even forecasts the weather outside, but I haven’t been in my shop long enough to really utilize that part. At any rate, I’m really glad I found this and hopefully this review will help other LJ’s out there. (Available on Amazon).

*Note: The pictures don’t do this justice. It’s not hazy like the pics show; that’s my camera.

Pros:
-Temperature and Hydrometer display
-LARGE, easy-to-see display
-Can view at almost any angle
-3 sensors to place wherever you want
-Batteries included (10 in all)
-Auto rotation of sensor data
-Atomic auto-adjusting time

Cons:
-Battery only operation. (I can live with this considering all the Pros)
-Screen is a fingerprint magnet, but once you hang it and clean it, it’s not an issue.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

View eflanders's profile

eflanders

313 posts in 2024 days

#1 posted 01-15-2018 11:04 PM

How long have you owned it? Does it consume batteries quickly? What was the cost? All of my previous units (different makers) went through batteries very quickly and unfortunately we’re not very accurate.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#2 posted 01-16-2018 12:05 AM

How long have you owned it? Does it consume batteries quickly? What was the cost? All of my previous units (different makers) went through batteries very quickly and unfortunately we re not very accurate.

- eflanders

I’ve had it up for about 2 weeks now on the supplied batteries (not name brand). Can’t comment on longevity just yet. I paid $65 for it and this one seems to be pretty accurate so far. I kept the sensors in my living room for a few days to see what it would read and they all read within .5 degrees of each other. So far so good and Marathon seems to be a good name brand from what I’ve seen. Hoping it stays that way with this clock. Love being able to just look up anywhere in my shop to see all the data.

View AZWoody's profile

AZWoody

#3 posted 01-29-2018 12:59 AM

They really come in handy. I don’t have the brand that you do but I really rely on the humidity readings of my weather station I have in my shop and lumber storage areas.

Some days, if the humidity is ridiculously high, I don’t even do anything in the shop. I find, any milling or woodwork I do when the humidity is high will have significant movement when the humidity drops.

I might look into your brand though. I do like the size and the clock. Mine does not have that.