Incra TS-LS Table saw fence

Review by Greg..the Cajun Wood Artist posted 12-05-2009 03:55 AM 8302 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
 Incra TS-LS Table saw fence No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I have been reading about the Incra Table Saw fence for a while now and finally decided to bite the bullet (or bite the wallet) and buy one. All that I can say is that this fence lives up to all the expectations I have of it. This gave me the opportunity to do a fine tuning of my Grizzly saw and adjust everything that could possibly be fine tuned before installing the Incra fence system.
The setup was easy and fast with the well written instructions. Easy to install and easy to adjust. I spent about 2 hours fine tuning my saw and installing the Incra plus its adjustments. Afterwards I spent several hours cutting some cypress for a frame and panel enclosure around my fireplace. This fence is dead on accurate and precise.
I’m not one to write long-winded reviews, but all I can say is WOW, glad I bought it and wish I had bought it sooner.

View degoose's profile

degoose

7038 posts in 2051 days

#1 posted 12-05-2009 04:54 AM

I have had one now for some time and I would not go back to the old fence or any fence other than INCRA… I just love it… as for price … it is double over here… but worth every cent.. AU$1100.00

-- Drink twice... and don't bother to cut... @ lazylarrywoodworks.com.au For lovers of all things timber...

View cstrang's profile

cstrang

#2 posted 12-05-2009 05:32 AM

I was looking at this at a wood show I was at not too long ago, I think I will stick with my Biesemeyer for the table saw but I am going to get a new fence for my router table, INCRA makes some real nice stuff. Thanks for the review.

-- A hammer dangling from a wall will bang and sound like work when the wind blows the right way.

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

#3 posted 12-05-2009 04:55 PM

One thing I noticed about Incra (my miter slot inserts and 1000SE miter gauge) is that they seem to actually write really useful instructions for their product.

That should be a little thing, but … I’m sure most of you will recognize how rare it really is.

The TS-LS looks really cool. Glad you’re happy with it!

-- -- Neil

View bigike's profile

bigike

4032 posts in 1985 days

#5 posted 12-05-2009 06:40 PM

sweet i been wanting one for awhile now the one for the router too but i dont have the money for them so i have to go without but good luck to u

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View Chris 's profile

Chris

#6 posted 12-05-2009 08:23 PM

I too have been looking at this fence for sometime. The feature I find most attractive is repeating the exact same cut time after time. Has this claim held true for you? I’v been waiting for someone to post a review on this product… Thanks!

#7 posted 12-05-2009 08:55 PM

Chris
The Incra fence is accurate and very repeatable. One of the first tests I made after setting it up was to cut a 10 inch wide board. I then set it to cut a series of boards… 4”, 3”, 2” and 1 inch. When I put them all together they matched the 10” board perfectly with no detection of the seams or ends. I saw a test similar to this on one of the Incra videos and had to try it myself. The nest day after using the saw to cut a bunch of rails and stiles for a project I went back and recut the 4”, 3”, 2” and 1 inch boards and then again matched them up with the others I had cut the previous day. Amazing! Right on the money. This is the best $369 value I have bought in a while. If you are thinking about buying one…go for it. You only live once so why not indulge in quality tools.

View bunkie's profile

bunkie

#8 posted 12-06-2009 06:44 AM

Greg,

It looks like you got the 52” package. Doesn’t that comes with legs?

-- Altruism is, ultimately, self-serving

#9 posted 12-06-2009 07:10 AM

bunkie.
I have the 32 inch system and no legs come with it. I plan to build a support table under the end rails so I can have additional storage for table saw accessories

View Jon_Banquer's profile

Jon_Banquer

#10 posted 09-17-2010 11:40 AM

The concept of buying and using a precision fence makes a lot of sense to me.

-- Jon Banquer San Diego, CA CAD / CAM programmer, CNC Machinist

View gridlockd's profile

gridlockd

#11 posted 03-05-2012 05:33 PM

Just wanted to chime in here, I just got the 32” ts-ls for my birthday (thank you to my wonderful wife!). It took me some doing to get it set and aligned properly, as I’m not so good with directions, but I LOVE THIS THING! the fact that i can dial it in and micro adjust is priceless. I love the repeatability of cuts with it. and to be clear, I am using an ancient crapsman table saw. nothing fancy about it at all. I replaced a Bismeier fence with the incra and it does take some getting used to the lockdown being way farther to the right, but other than that it’s amazing. LOVE the channels in the extruded aluminum that allow the easy addition of jigs.

Gets an A+ from me right now. My opinion may change down the line, but I seriously doubt it.

-- Gridlockd

View JuanGatico's profile

JuanGatico

#12 posted 06-06-2012 05:24 AM

CRAPSMAN table saw, HA HA HA HA HA! You have scored a hit with that description.