Wake up and see the light and up close too

Review by a1Jim posted 01-07-2018 06:11 PM 484 views 1 time favorited 21 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Wake up and see the light and up close too Wake up and see the light and up close too Wake up and see the light and up close too Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hi friends
I ordered these Head Mount Magnifier with LED Head Light a couple months ago since I planned on starting an online carving class I thought it would help see the details of smaller carvings and I found they work great, for a 70-year-old guy I have pretty good vision I’m even able to read small print on medication bottles etc,but I found these somewhat funny looking glasses to not only magnifies (5 different strength lenses) very well but it adds a lot of light right were your looking. The lens and light have a great adjustable arm so things are just the right distance away. At first, I found when I was bending farther over than normal they glasses tended to want to slide off my nose but then I remembered this set came with a flexible headband that solved that problem. Beyond carving I found they help for seeing small defect when sanding.
I like these so much I bought a back up set just in case something happens to this set. For $15. it’s hard to beat.
The only thing I found a little tricky was installing the batteries and getting that cover back on but I contribute that to old age :)

View bearkatwood's profile

bearkatwood

#1 posted 01-07-2018 07:00 PM

I am ordering these right now, thanks. I have two sets of jewelers headbands and not too happy with either one. I wear them about 3-4hours a day for sharpening so I am looking forward to trying these, they look comfy. Thanks Jim.

-- Brian Noel

#2 posted 01-07-2018 07:03 PM

I hope you like them as much as I do Brian.

View theoldfart's profile

theoldfart

#3 posted 01-07-2018 08:23 PM

Just ordered one as well. Taking off my glasses no longer works for close work, something about having bad AND old eyes. :-0

Thanks for the review Jim.

-- "With every tool obtained, there is another that is needed" DonW ( Kevin )

#4 posted 01-07-2018 08:47 PM

Enjoy you should get some good use out of that set Tof

View theoldfart's profile

theoldfart

#5 posted 01-07-2018 10:17 PM

Suddenly remembered, I think DonW mentioned something like this in the past year or two in a post.

-- "With every tool obtained, there is another that is needed" DonW ( Kevin )

View oldrivers's profile

oldrivers

#6 posted 01-07-2018 11:12 PM

Thanks Jim, looks like a good solution for a lot detail work around the shop.

-- Soli Deo gloria!

View TopamaxSurvivor's profile

TopamaxSurvivor

#7 posted 01-07-2018 11:18 PM

Thanks Jim.

-- Bob in WW ~ "some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

#8 posted 01-07-2018 11:35 PM

Thanks guys.

View Roger's profile

20897 posts in 2677 days

#9 posted 01-08-2018 10:49 AM

Thnx for your review and the link.

View 53rdcard's profile

53rdcard

#10 posted 01-08-2018 10:46 PM

what kind of distance from the object do these focus at?

#11 posted 01-08-2018 10:52 PM

I guess it has to do with how good your vision is,it comes with 5 different lenses that you can change what amount of magnification you want ,it’s kinda like buying off the shelf reading glasses, the lenses included are 1.0X, 1.5X, 2.0X, 2.5X, 3.5X power

View 53rdcard's profile

53rdcard

#12 posted 01-09-2018 03:28 PM

Thanks, i have a magnifying headset that does 2.5x i think but you have to bring it within 6 inches of what you want to see for it to work. If these can go longer then that, that would be great.

#13 posted 01-09-2018 03:33 PM

At least it’s only a $15 investment to find out verses somethings out there you have to spend $2000 to see if you like it or not.

View bearkatwood's profile

bearkatwood

#14 posted 01-10-2018 02:36 AM

Just got them Jim and I really like them. They are a great deal for one like you said and they are sooo comfortable. I look forward to using them. Thanks Jim so much for that link.

-- Brian Noel

#15 posted 01-10-2018 02:43 AM

I’M glad they worked out for you Brian enjoy!