The Texas Furniture Maker's Show in Kerrville, TX Rocks!

Review by Paul posted 1697 days ago 3061 views 1 time favorited 8 comments Add to Favorites Watch
The Texas Furniture Maker's Show in Kerrville, TX Rocks! No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

There’s only a few days left (ends Dec. 5th). But, if there’s any Texas Lumberjocks close enough to Kerrville for a day trip, it’s well worth your time. Some awesome work on display!

I went yesterday and it has inspired me to continue to strive to raise the level of my work.

You can see winner pics on line if you Google the show.

-- Paul, Texas

View Paul's profile

Paul

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

Wow very nice stuff. I wish I were close enough to check it out…..I have family there (in fact they are scheduling a family reunion/50th anniversary out there after New Years) maybe some of them will check it out. Thanks for the post…and the info.

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View Rick Boyett's profile

Rick Boyett

I would really like to go see it but I’m going to be hammered with a datacenter migration for the rest of the week.

View Roz's profile

Roz

Those entries really demonstrate the high art of woodworking. I hope to be that good one day.

-- Terry Roswell, L.A. (Lower Alabama) "Life is what happens to you when you are making other plans."

View davidroberts's profile

davidroberts

1002 posts in 2085 days

Texas is not the first place I think of when it comes to high art and fine furniture, but this show is a true showcase of both. Top quality craftsmanship. I made the show last year. Made me drool. It is inspiring.

View Mark's profile

Mark

This years show was just as good as previous shows I’ve gone to here in Kerrville. Every piece is high quality craftsmanship even if you don’t appreciate the style of the furniture. It is always a pleasure going to the show a few times each year. Quite the motivator.

-- Mark

View gerrymorrell's profile

gerrymorrell

45 posts in 2018 days

It was great to have two of my chairs at the show this year, but its a great learning experience also. The judges provide a critique of all the furniture that won an award the morning after the reception. They will also critique any other piece if requested by the furniture maker.
The show jurors try to pick the furniture so there are a lot of different styles to see at each years show. Your entry has a better chance of winning an award if it is unique in its design or has some type of design change that improves the appearance of the piece entered. Finish and craftsmanship also are considered in the judging.
I was happy to come away with a ribbon for an Honorable Mention at this years show for my double rocker after seeing all the great furniture at this years show.

View mmh's profile

mmh

I’d love to see this, but I’m not in the area. Maybe we can view more photos? I love the unique and modern pieces. The presentation was well done too.

-- "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

View jwicks's profile

jwicks

I went this year and really enjoyed the show. Free admission, lots of great furniture to look at and inspect/touch.

Most of the entries have a card with a paragraph explanation with them that explains the materials and finishes used. It was neat to see the joints and feel the finishes.

Unfortunately I only had about an hour to spend there, I planned to go back but it doesn’t look like that will work out.

-- Jon