Amazingly useful tape measure that won't fall over

Review by Rayne posted 12-03-2017 07:13 PM 1959 views 1 time favorited 7 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Amazingly useful tape measure that won't fall over Amazingly useful tape measure that won't fall over Amazingly useful tape measure that won't fall over Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hey LJ’s. I came across this piece of magic a while ago thinking it might be a gimmick, but this has been my goto tape measure for the past 3 months. I don’t how exactly how it works but this little guy lays flat on any surface with the tape pulled out. No more falling over while measuring or tape going out of shape cause the body won’t sit still. Easy to use and work with. 5 Stars all around.
Craftsman Sidewinder 25' tape measure

Pros
-Lays Flat!
-Auto lock when tape is pulled out (love this feature).
-thick metal tape (didn’t measure thickness).
-glides just as smoothly as any other tape (which is why I called it magic; no resistance from the recoil considering i
it’s changing direction inside the body)
-push down tab on rear of body to reverse measure (see pic). Use this feature if the positioning of the body is overhanging your workpiece and would fall over.
-writable surface on the back, if you need it.

Cons
-Using the push down tab, you need to know the length of the body. Back of the body says 3-1/2”, but I’ve found this to be closer to 3-3/8”. If you know this, then measuring is a breeze.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

View AlmostRetired's profile

AlmostRetired

#1 posted 12-03-2017 07:41 PM

Just dropped this one into my Amazon shopping cart.

Thanks for the post.

View Rayne's profile

Rayne

#2 posted 12-04-2017 03:42 AM

Just dropped this one into my Amazon shopping cart.

Thanks for the post.

- AlmostRetired

No problem! Sears currently has it on sale for $9.99. Slightly better than what I bought it for.

View mierla's profile

mierla

#3 posted 12-04-2017 02:25 PM

Thanks for the post – just picked up one for me and a couple more for holiday gifts!

View Hawaiilad's profile

-- Scott, Irmo SC

View Jeff in Huntersville's profile

Jeff in Huntersville

#6 posted 12-05-2017 02:14 PM

A constant complaint I have about my tape measures. This looks to be the answer. Thanks for posting.

View jimintx's profile

jimintx

#7 posted 12-08-2017 05:50 PM

What a great idea. I must have one.
The Sears website shows it in 16 ft as well as 25 ft. The current price diff is inconsequential.
I might pick the slightly smaller one for my in-shop uses.

Thank you for pointing this thing out!

-- Jim, Houston, TX