Table Saw

Review by tonycr28 posted 11-28-2009 05:25 PM 1829 views 0 times favorited 1 comment Add to Favorites Watch
Table Saw No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

This was one of my first purchases when I first started woodworking. I thought it would be all I needed. I was wrong. Don’t get me wrong. It does cut pretty true and functions really well, but you cannot find or use any accessories on the saw. I looked high and low for zero clearance throat inserts, but ended up making my own. I tried to find a featherboard that would fit, but no luck. On dado blades your limited to I think it is 1/2”. If you look in any woodworking retailer magazines for accessories, you don’t even find the Hitachi brand name listed usually. I guess that is what I get for buying a contracter’s saw instead of a stationery saw. Decent, but look for a better brand name saw.

-- Tony, Pliny,WV "Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one."- Robert E. Lee

View tonycr28's profile

tonycr28

1 comment so far

View trimmer's profile

trimmer

90 posts in 2098 days

#1 posted 11-28-2009 11:23 PM

Tony:
I use that saw here in Florida on stair cases and trim. I love that saw!!!!
Your right though it doesn’y have accessories premade for it.
But with a little thinking you could make your own.