Unable to fill promised order

Review by boberko posted 11-17-2017 03:07 PM 1751 views 2 times favorited 24 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Unable to fill promised order No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Totally frustrating experience. Ordered 8/4 Zebra wood. Got the lengths wrong I can live with it. Got the thickness wrong, I can’t use the material. Called and sent a pic of the error. They promised to get the correct order out that day. Waited a week – heard nothing. Checked on my ticket and it was marked completed. Called again and they said they had forgot – would get it out that day. Waited, all they have done is sent a return label for the incorrect order. They’ve delayed my project two weeks. Never again

View boberko's profile

boberko

View EarlS's profile

EarlS

#1 posted 11-17-2017 06:21 PM

I was just looking around to decide where to order some cherry that I need for chairs that I am starting. Wood Workers Source was one of the sites I checked into. After seeing this review, I’m skipping them. At this point I’m looking at Bell Forest or Hearne depending on shipping costs.

View Redoak49's profile

Redoak49

#2 posted 11-17-2017 10:17 PM

Sorry about your problems and I will avoid that place.

For online ordering I use Ocooch Hardwood or Bell Forest. I have gotten good luck with both.

I am fortunate as there are some very good local sawmill in the upper midwest for domestic woods. I also go to Owl Hardwood in Chicago who has a large inventory of both domestic and exotic woods.

#3 posted 11-18-2017 01:36 AM

Before someone vilifies this, family run company- I’ll wait for a response from the company…. There are two sides to a story. My personal experience has been positive. Also, they promote woodworking contests and community projects, giving to the community…

#4 posted 11-18-2017 01:44 AM

<deleted> double post

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#5 posted 11-18-2017 02:22 AM

double post

- Desert_Woodworker

your point was well worth a double post

people are too quick to jump to vilify some person or some company and with the internet or the prostitute press it makes it all too easy to do so

#6 posted 11-18-2017 02:41 AM

PWWood- thanks- FYI I sent to owner an e-mail 11-17-17. Will he/they respond? I’ll wait and see.
Does anybody remember the Saw Stop “problem” and the pres. Mr Gass responed and the problem was corrected.

View playingwithmywood's profile

playingwithmywood

#7 posted 11-18-2017 03:57 AM

PWWood- thanks- FYI I sent to owner an e-mail 11-17-17. Will he/they respond? I ll wait and see.

- Desert_Woodworker

well that was good of you to do that hopefully it can get worked out

View Dark_Lightning's profile

Dark_Lightning

#8 posted 11-18-2017 04:39 AM

I’m waiting to be made whole for a sheet of veneer I ordered. Got curly when I ordered quarter sawn. When I asked to be reimbursed for the return shipping, I was told “Our techs will inspect the product, and decide.” If they don’t know quarter sawn from curly the first time around, how will they know the second time? I sent a pic from their own website showing what QSWO looks like. Maybe they’ll get it figured out. But I’m waiting to see. Stuff happens, I will agree.

-- Random Orbital Nailer

View Greg the Cajun Wood Artist's profile

Greg the Cajun Wood Artist

#9 posted 11-18-2017 05:04 AM

Bad experience for me also…A while back I ordered Leopardwood from them and they sent me Lacewood. They send out silly emails when you order and it doesn’t compensate for bad service.. If they don’t know the difference they should not be working in a lumberyard…Walmart maybe?

-- Wood for projects is like a good Fart..."better when you cut it yourself"

View Dwain's profile

Dwain

#10 posted 11-19-2017 02:26 PM

I think the “pile on” has started. Remember that every company makes mistakes. It’s their ability to correct the issue that marks them as a bad or a good company. Period. Let’s see how this plays out.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#11 posted 11-19-2017 02:47 PM

I’ve had nothing but excellent service from WWs Source. Sorry to hear of you all’s problems with them.
But, like DW, I can easily get to one of their stores if the need arises.
Hope they’re monitoring this discussion. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting the owner and, my impression is that he’d move heaven and earth to make things right. But, he needs to know about it first.

#12 posted 11-19-2017 03:10 PM

I ve had nothing but excellent service from WWs Source. Sorry to hear of you all s problems with them.
But, like DW, I can easily get to one of their stores if the need arises.
Hope they re monitoring this discussion. I ve had the pleasure of meeting the owner and, my impression is that he d move heaven and earth to make things right. But, he needs to know about it first.

- Gene Howe

I sent Mark an e-mail on Fri. evening- I hope, that they will respond on Monday 11-20-17

View Gene Howe's profile

Gene Howe

#13 posted 11-19-2017 03:13 PM

- Gene Howe

- Desert_Woodworker

Did likewise today. And, referenced this discussion. Hope they get the message.

View boberko's profile

boberko

#14 posted 11-20-2017 01:25 PM

I fully realize there are nice people working there. The true test of a good supplier is not when things go well, it is when something goes wrong. The simple fact is that I made an order October 30. They made a mistake. The problem is that it is now November 20 and I still don’t have my order. They really did close the problem ticket without solving the problem. The really did claim to forget to replace my order. I really did have to make multiple calls in that e-mails were not being returned. When the order is filled, I will make a post.

#15 posted 11-20-2017 02:31 PM