Festool - tools that make me smile

Review by Jim posted 2397 days ago 2052 views 1 time favorited 2 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Festool - tools that make me smile No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I’m a firm believer in the “get what you pay for” adage. I bought the Festool sanders and dust extracter a couple of years ago when I was bidding a project to refinish some tabletops inside a restaurant. When I realized the veneer was too thin to refinish, I persuaded the owner to simply have new tops made.

I’ve since used the Festool sanders for a variety of projects and really like the way they perform. I’m all for minimizing the dust I’m likely to suck in while woodworking and the Festool sanders do an incredible job of keeping the surface clean.

The Rotex handles all the tough removal jobs and does a great job of fine sanding large surfaces once you get the hang of its action. The rectangular RS400EQ is perfect for face frames and getting into tight corners. I’ve noticed recently that lots more folks are now selling Festool and there’s one fundamental reason – you truly get what you pay for…

-- Jim, Boise ID - Attitude is everything

View Jim's profile

Jim

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

Thanks for the reivew.

How is the Festool Rotex to hold for long periods? It felt a bit heavy to me.

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

View Jim's profile

Jim

Hey Gizmo, I’ve only sanded horizontal surfaces with it and never had any issues with the weight.

-- Jim, Boise ID - Attitude is everything