HTC 2000 - 3000 Mobile Bases

Review by ND2ELK posted 1730 days ago 3065 views 1 time favorited 10 comments Add to Favorites Watch
HTC 2000 - 3000 Mobile Bases HTC 2000 - 3000 Mobile Bases HTC 2000 - 3000 Mobile Bases Click the pictures to enlarge them

Both the HTC 2000 – 3000 mobile bases are very will built. They seem to be strong and have no flexing or sagging under weight. The machines are solid when sitting on the levelers. Moving of the machines are very easy when the swivel casters are engaged. Because the frames are adjusted in 1” increments I shimmed them with wood strips so the machines would not move in the frames. I would recommend these for your shop and am pleased with them.

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

View patron's profile

patron

13001 posts in 1967 days

glad you are getting it together ,
do they have them with snowplows on them ?
i’m still waiting for my dust collection to get hooked up .

View sedcokid's profile

sedcokid

Glad to hear that you like them. I recently bought a shop fox base simular to yours and I am not wild about the one I bought. I bought it for the Rikon 14” band saw, love the saw not so about the base. The corner pieces that the saw sits on are not on the same plane so the saw is not stable at all. I now have to get some hellp to lift this brute of a saw off the base and fix the problem and then remount the saw. I too used wood strips to hold the saw secure. I will look into HTC next time..

‘The SedcoKid’

-- Chuck Emery, Michigan,

View Beginningwoodworker's profile

Beginningwoodworker

Great use of mobile bases.

-- CJIII Future cabinetmaker

View Roger Clark aka Rex's profile

Roger Clark aka Rex

6940 posts in 2060 days

I have 3 of them and I agree with inch incriment adjustments being great to resize to fit different tools. But for me personally after using them for a while I dislike them because the wheels stick out so far I kept tripping on them and also the leveler feet got loose and even fell of as the nut securing them tends to undo itself. Adding another nut and spring washer may help. These mobile bases do distort when nearing maximum sizing and I have taken off all three of mine and made my own mobile base for the tools that fit, and no more tripping over or getting cords stuck by the protruding wheels.
I hope your mobile base works out for you, but watch out for those wheels.

-- Roger-R, Republic of Texas. "Always look on the Bright Side of Life" - An eyeball to eyeball confrontation with a blind person is as complete waste of Time.

View ND2ELK's profile

ND2ELK

I put the swivel casters on the sides so they are out of the way. All my frames only needed one steel bar on all four sides so two bars did not need to be bolted together. I also added extra bolts to the frame sections that were bolted together. I think I will put a nut on the top of the levelers so they cannot loosen. I do not forsee a problem with these but only time will tell. Thanks for the idea of adding a nut to the levelers.

-- Mc Bridge Cabinets, Iowa

View Roger Clark aka Rex's profile

Roger Clark aka Rex

6940 posts in 2060 days

ND2ELK,
Adding those extra bolts can only be good and an extra nut on the levelers plus a good lock washer will prevent it getting loose. It is just one of those things where something will work well for some and not so well for others, I guess it depends on how your shop is setup.
Like I said, my bases really annoyed me because I either tripped over prtruding parts or had cords and air lines hung up on the foot paddles and wheels. But the problems I had may never affect you, so enjoy your “wheels”

View Mike's profile

Mike

247 posts in 2009 days

I have the HTC 2000 mobile base and love it!, no problems so far. I use this on 27 X 53 stand. I actually had to buy a few pieces of angle iron. Found it to be a lot heavier and would support a lot more.

-- Mike, VT

View BlankMan's profile

BlankMan

1487 posts in 1979 days

I picked up two 2000’s recently using coupons at Rockler. I have one on my Delta Drum Sander and the other is going on my Jet 12” Disc/6” Belt Sander when I finally get a undamaged cabinet sent to me. I really like it, way smaller footprint then most mobile bases, a selling point for me due to limited space, and thus more maneuverable then the old larger mobile base on my Drum Sander. (I changed it from the open stand to the enclosed base though.) And the price is reasonable.

-- -Curt, Milwaukee, WI

View BlankMan's profile

BlankMan

1487 posts in 1979 days

I had one of the plastic foot levers break on me and HTC replaced them with aluminum ones. If anyone is interested I blogged about the breakage here and there are pictures of the aluminum replacement levers. They may not be what you expect, I didn’t.

-- -Curt, Milwaukee, WI

View sillac's profile

sillac

Has anyone used an air sled to move equipment? Has anyone made one?

-- Steve in Oregon,