Good Nailer so far! More good things to come!

Review by Tim_456 posted 1730 days ago 2366 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Good Nailer so far!  More good things to come! Good Nailer so far!  More good things to come! No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I had a craftsman nailer/stapler combo that did a decent job but would smash the wood sometimes with the square headed 16GA nails. I have some new woodwork that wasn’t going to work well with those nails so I was looking for a new one. I found this one and the “DA” nails (rounded head rather than square head) and it looked like it would do the trick. I picked it up at the local Lowe’s for $189.99. I didn’t do much investigation because all the brands looked the same with the same specs which lead me to believe that other than the color of piston chamber these looked like they were the same nailer. So because I like yellow;) I went for the DeWalt.

I got it home and tried it out and it works GREAT! I’d rate this 5 stars except for the fact that I’ve only put in about 30 nails in practice boards but the angled head is nice, the nail heads are nice and most importantly it doesn’t destroy the hole when i have the pressure setting too high:D

Oh, it also came with a pair of safety glasses, some extra parts, the typical DeWalt case, and 1000nails 2in long. Fit and finish are good.

The only thing I’ve seen that is iffy is the size of the safety shoe. It looks like it could be a bit big and get in the way but maybe it’ll be fine;)

Here’s the website right to the tool : http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=18949

Tommorrow is install day, I can’t wait to really give it a workout!

View Tim_456's profile

Tim_456

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 1937 days

Tim, I’ve had mine for several years and it works great and I have run a lot of all three nail sizes thru it. The depth of drive adj. works great as well as the angled magazine to allow you into tight spots.

For smaller pieces I use a PC 18 Ga. nailer that shoots 3/4 to 1 1/2, and leaves a very small hole.

View michstairguy's profile

michstairguy

Great nailer and if you can find a remfg one you can get it for 120.00 and have a warranty same as new. I love mine

-- There is no growing in knowing where your going

View hardmorningwood's profile

hardmorningwood

I have one and i think it sucks.
1. It doesnt quit firing when out of nails so it makes nice dents in the wood, unitl you realize.
2. It does not come with a swivel type air attachment.
3. On mine the jamm remover clamp just started falling open and i had to zip tie it shut.
4. It started driving some nails only partially in. If a 15 gauge nail is sticking more than a 1/4” out, it is next to impossible to drive it in the rest of the way without bending it..
For the inflated price you payt for Dewalt you can get much better ie:Bostich or Bosch.

bought mine used off the clearance rack at lowes for $75, got it home didnt work, bought it back they gave me a brand new one, used it for a short time and it also broke, took it back and got the pig i have now.. I did take it to the Dewalt guys and i havent used it since getting it back, guess i will see how it does. But i for one will not buy a DeWalt nailer again. Just real glad i didnt py the $200+ price tag it would have had.