Bosch Miter Saw Crown Molding Stops

Review by Routerisstillmyname posted 11-05-2017 09:02 PM 904 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Bosch Miter Saw Crown Molding Stops Bosch Miter Saw Crown Molding Stops Bosch Miter Saw Crown Molding Stops Click the pictures to enlarge them

What is there to say but these are a must have. installation is not to too bad depending on the miter saw you have. And you may have to modify/shorten the tightening knobs. in my case things would have gone much smoother if I had removed the saw from my flip stand. I didn’t use the 4 short screws that come with the set since I was also in no mood to tap the holes and besides on most miter saws the metal is too thin and soft so I got few 8-32 screws and nuts and shortened them.
the set has everything you need including the rail guides which is important.since none of the miter saws that I’ve seen have flat sides, I recommend installing the rail guide as close to the back on the flat portion of the side and installing the back screw first and then the front screw but don’t over tighten or might bend the guide.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

View 01ntrain's profile

01ntrain

#1 posted 11-07-2017 12:14 PM

Another cool thing about them…..they fold up and store out of the way.

After putting my Bosch up for shop-duty, I’m trying to decide if I’m going to get a set for my Hitachi CH12, they’re a lot more expensive.

#2 posted 11-08-2017 04:40 PM

Thanks for a review of an interesting product I had not run across.
Would all those mounting issues and options exist if you buy these to put on a Bosch saw?

I like the idea of the device, but as I read your description it sounds like a kit. One that has to be modified while assorted fastener options are considered, and then holes to drill and or tap.
Maybe for a Bosch saw, it would be a direct bolt-on.

#3 posted 11-08-2017 04:56 PM

OK, I have answered my own question. This product is the Bosch item MS1233. Here is their own write up about it:

The Bosch MS1233 crown stop kit for miter saws allows crown molding to be nested against fence for simple miter cuts with no beveling required. When not in use, the stops can be easily flipped back over the fence and stored on the tool out of the way of other cutting applications.

Works with models: GCM12SD, CM10GD, CM12, CM8S, CM12SD, 5412, 4410, 4405, 4310 and 4212.

Does NOT work with models 5312, 4412, 3912, or 3915.

It is offered on the H Depot site and Amazon for $13.99. My own miter saw is the GCM12SD, so I think I will just go on and get a set ordered. Again, thank you for making me aware of this device.

...

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#4 posted 11-08-2017 08:31 PM

Yes your rolls royce GCM12SD :-) does have the side mounting holes all ready for these brackets. But they can be used on any miter saw even with curved sides as mine is. Although I’m not sure why they say “the stops can be easily flipped back over the fence ” that’s impossible unless you remove the side screw and remove the brackets. there’s no flipping sclipping going on with these.

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View 01ntrain's profile

01ntrain

#5 posted 11-09-2017 03:20 AM

I have the GCM12SD, the screw is long enough to allow the stops to flip over the back without removing the screw all the way.

#6 posted 11-09-2017 03:21 PM

Haha, router, you are correct about the Rolls-level Bosch saw. I love it,and think it might be the best cash I ever let go of for the shop.

I sold two radial arm saws and one typical, old, miter saw to justify the purchase. This gained me a huge amount of shop space, as well. It is simply fantastic and a joy., but these brackets will make it even nicer to use for crown molding,so again – thanks.