Grizzly G1014Z Modifications

Review by khop posted 11-22-2009 03:06 AM 4501 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Grizzly G1014Z Modifications Grizzly G1014Z Modifications Grizzly G1014Z Modifications Click the pictures to enlarge them

Well, I took the time to modify two things on my new G1014Z sander. First I removed the switch assembly and simply turned it around. I put the switch in front and the wires in back. This makes it much easier to access the switch. Second, I moved the backstop furthur back closer to the disc roller above the platen. You can see where I drilled and tapped for the mounting bolt. I was amazed the mounting bolt was actually a common 5/16 thread. This modification let me pick up another 3” of usable platen area. This is a simple machine to work on. I had to remove a few parts to access the new bolt hole, and everything went back smoothly.
KHOP

patron

13187 posts in 2096 days

#1 posted 11-22-2009 03:18 AM

makes you wonder sometimes ,
if the people that design these tools
ever even see one ?
much less use one .

good modifications !

View bigike's profile

bigike

4035 posts in 2043 days

#2 posted 11-22-2009 07:33 PM

good stuff anything to make something better is great

-- Ike, Big Daddies Woodshop, http://www.icombadaniels@yahoo.com

View cstrang's profile

cstrang

1787 posts in 1923 days

#3 posted 11-22-2009 09:28 PM

Nice work, I made a change to my miter saw that I have been meaning to post, this reminded me to do it, thanks!

-- A hammer dangling from a wall will bang and sound like work when the wind blows the right way.