Homeright Large and Small Spray Shelters

Review by Bobthewoodbutcher posted 10-20-2017 04:27 AM 1145 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Homeright Large and Small Spray Shelters Homeright Large and Small Spray Shelters Homeright Large and Small Spray Shelters Click the pictures to enlarge them

I usually spray paint in my garage, blocking off my surroundings with lots of cloth, plastic, paper, etc. Not too good but it works. I found the Homeright Large and Small Spray Shelters online (Amazon and others) and decided to give it a try. I haven’t actually painted in it yet, but I’m very pleased with what I got. It is well made, nicely designed, stores compactly, and looks like it will work just fine. The material is lightweight, and has a net in front which rolls up out the way while spraying. There is a screened ventilation pane in the rear for cross ventilation. When set up, it is large enough for a cabinet or rocker or something of that size.
To check it out, I set it up in one stall of my garage on a painter’s drop cloth. I studied the online video showing how to assemble it and got my wife to stand in it and hold the center up while I inserted the framing poles. Took about 15 minutes. I’m certain I can do it myself in about 5-10 minutes next time. Surprisingly, I was able to disassemble it and roll it up and put it in the storage bag with no trouble.

The Small Shelter is really nice. Pops right open and large enough for toys, step stool, large vase, children’s furniture, etc. Takes just a moment to fold up and goes into a circular storage bag.

View Bobthewoodbutcher's profile

Bobthewoodbutcher

View doubleDD's profile

doubleDD

#1 posted 10-20-2017 01:16 PM

I wasn’t aware that the large one had to be assembled and disassembled each time. They seem to be a great asset for spraying problems. It should solve the problem of over spray. I don’t have room for the large one but on my next trip to Woodcraft, I’ll be getting the small one.

-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.

View Rich's profile

Rich

#2 posted 10-20-2017 02:25 PM

I did a review of the small one a while back. I still like it, however I have observed that heavier spraying does blow back a bit. I’m not sure if the mesh in the back is collecting topcoat (usually lacquer for me) and becoming clogged, or if I just didn’t do that volume of spray initially.

-- No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.

View Richard Lee's profile

Richard Lee

#3 posted 11-02-2017 11:29 PM

I find it amusing that advertised products showing people using the product using the wrong PPE.
Thats a dust mask.