New Jointer

Review by Brian posted 11-20-2009 02:57 AM 2734 views 0 times favorited 12 comments Add to Favorites Watch
New Jointer No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Got me a new DJ-20 to replace my 6” Ridgid. To me it’s a small aircraft carrier.
I’ve not had much luck with Delta tools the last few years but decided to go with a Delta again over a General and King.
Out of the 2 crates the tables were flat and in line with each other and the fence was perfect.
Paint job isn’t the greatest but if the above points are perfect it’s a fabs item. If I could I’d give it 4.5 stars
Great price too at $1499 Cdn -PLUS I get to choose $200 worth of tools or bessey clamps.
Down the road I’ll probably get a link belt for it.

-- http://www.brianpenning.com/

View Brian's profile

Brian

View sailorsteve's profile

sailorsteve

#1 posted 11-20-2009 03:01 AM

all it needs now is some landing lights and an air boss. congrats, and enjoy your new toy.

-- Steve ....Got wood in my blood, mostly from splinters and inhaling sawdust

View araldite's profile

araldite

187 posts in 2089 days

#2 posted 11-20-2009 03:38 AM

I got a Delta 6”, but should’ve gotten an 8”. I can only land Cessnas and Pipers on mine.

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

#3 posted 11-20-2009 04:43 AM

Did you just fire it up?

My lights dimmed, all of the sudden….

Nice purchase! Enjoy!

-- -- Neil

#4 posted 11-20-2009 04:52 AM

This is a nice jointer and you should enjoy having the extra width. Thanks for the review.

View oldwoodman's profile

oldwoodman

137 posts in 2083 days

#5 posted 11-20-2009 07:12 AM

WOW!!!! What a beautiful machine!!

That sure looks better than that old broken-down Craftsman jointer sitting out in my garage.

If you ever have the time, write up a performance review. Those of us with “jointer envy” would appreciate it.

#6 posted 11-20-2009 08:13 AM

Nice toy

#7 posted 11-20-2009 11:51 AM

Thats a big boy! Have fun….

View Paul2274's profile

-- Matt Garcia Wannabe Period Furniture Maker, Houston TX

View RogerM's profile

RogerM

#11 posted 11-06-2011 10:13 PM

I have run a Delta DJ-20 in my shop for 5 years and have had excellent service from it. I run all kinds of hardwood through it (hickory, elm, oak, walnut, maple, cherry) and find it to be very reliable. Excellent basic machine that is reliable, and easy to maintain.

-- Roger M, Aiken, SC

#12 posted 07-23-2013 09:34 PM

I have one as well. I bought it for the extra width capacity, but what you really notice is how useful the extra length is. 76” long compared to 46” long on my old Jet 6” jointer. You can rest a 5-6’ long board on the infeed table! No more wrestling long boards as they want to fall off the outfeed table, as this jointer has good length.

I can’t tell you how many times I set a 6-1/2” wide board on my old 6” jointer… Awww! Back to the bandsaw.
An 8” parallelogram jointer was the way to go for me.