Best darn driver I've ever used

Review by Jim posted 2392 days ago 2526 views 0 times favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best darn driver I've ever used No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

How many tools evoke real pleasure each time you use them? This Makita will do that. I was replacing a patio cover while doing a “Paint the Town” project a couple of years ago. The cover was composed of dozens of 16’ long 2×4’s that needed to be screwed into the crossmembers. A guy that fixed my garage door recommended I buy this Makita for the job. Boy, was he right. Now I typically reach for the Makita before I consider any other drill/driver. The impact takes some getting used to, but the torque vs weight ratio is worth the learning curve. This model is 12v and unless you’re planning on removing frozen lugnuts, I can’t see any reason to get anything more powerful.

The chuck takes 1/4” bits and the perfect match are those DeckMate ACR screws available at the box stores.
I carry an assorment in a tackle box, along with some pilot drills for finer work. Start using one, and your other drill/drivers will begin collecting dust.

-- Jim, Boise ID - Attitude is everything

View Jim's profile

Jim

View DaveH's profile

DaveH

The guy who installed my show garage door said the same about his Makita. All I can do right now is just dream about buying one.

-- DaveH - Boise, Idaho - “How hard can it be? It's only wood!”

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

Hey .. Dreams are free.

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

Looks like it’s well used. So I guess it was a great buy also.

I’ve bought a Ridgid 90 deg driver and it’s great. The first battery operated driver tool.

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

Thanks for writing the review.

View snowdog's profile

snowdog

I’ll have to agree, my Makita screw guns/drills (all of them over the years) have never let me down.

-- "so much to learn and so little time"..

View mcoyfrog's profile

mcoyfrog

Me too, i used a makita back when i worked in a cabinet shop and got hooked, so finally last year i bucked up and bought one for myself. well worth the $$

-- Wood and Glass they kick (well you know) Have a great day - Dug