Armor Tools Self Adjusting Horizontal Dog Clamp (junk)

Review by lowrider posted 09-09-2017 02:52 PM 1097 views 0 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Armor Tools Self Adjusting Horizontal Dog Clamp (junk) No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

I received an Armor Tools Self Adjusting Horizontal Dog Clamp for my birthday and now I’m disappointed with your product this is the second one that has broken in the same place. This is apparently a weak spot in the tool. I have pictures of the broken items if you would like a copy; also the shafts are not even the same size. I must not be the only one in the world having an issue with this item.

I have went to your website and sent a couple of messages, if you feel this is not an issue could you please let me know or if you would like the clamps back please let me know

After a couple months with no response from Armor I just gave up on them
this is the note I sent to Armor

View lowrider's profile

lowrider

View jayseedub's profile

jayseedub

#1 posted 09-09-2017 06:04 PM

I have one of these, and have found it useful, and it’s not broken—even under some pretty fair stress…..

I got mine at Rockler—perhaps you’d have better luck dealing with the retailer that sold it to you (assuming you didn’t get it from the manufacturer….).

Still—I get it—it shouldn’t break, and they should give you the courtesy of a reply. Pretty frustrating, and it’s good for us all to see a weak point in the product, so thanks for sharing it!

View dbeck's profile

dbeck

#2 posted 09-10-2017 11:38 AM

I have these as well, and like jay said mine is fine and works Great. Now i will be watching closely and given these are NOT cheap tools i am shocked that the company wont respond at all. I wont do business with any company that has no or horrid customer service. Good luck and i hope they take care of it someday

View Ocelot's profile

Ocelot

#3 posted 09-10-2017 12:51 PM

For those of us who are not familiar with this clamp, it would be helpful if you could add an arrow to a photo showing the break. I looked closely at the photos and couldn’t understand what was broken.