Review by . posted 11-11-2009 03:27 AM 9749 views 0 times favorited 35 comments Add to Favorites Watch

Average rating: 3.0

View reggiek's profile

reggiek

2240 posts in 1921 days

#1 posted 11-11-2009 03:38 AM

Wow…had to mop up the drool…..I love my Grizzly TS…but would have certainly bought one of those if it was available when I needed to upgrade….maybe next time….I’ll bet you will enjoy that one for a long time..

-- Woodworking.....My small slice of heaven!

View cstrang's profile

cstrang

#2 posted 11-11-2009 03:40 AM

I recently had the pleasure of using a saw like this one in the shop at my college, we have 3 Generals and one Sawstop, everything you said about the saw here is bang on 100% and I would pick the Sawstop over those Generals any day of the week. I think that when the Sawstop first made its appearance in the woodworking market people where a bit skeptical about its ability to compete with the big boys, sure the safety features are great but does performance suffer because of it? The only answer is defiantly not. I would trade my Delta I have at home for a Sawstop in a heartbeat, anyone have a Sawstop they are willing to part with? No? Didn’t think so. Thanks for the post, you made a smart choice when you purchased when you bought that saw.

-- A hammer dangling from a wall will bang and sound like work when the wind blows the right way.

112070 posts in 2228 days

#3 posted 11-11-2009 04:07 AM

Great review even though I have a powermatic I still would like a Saw Stop.

View Cosmicsniper's profile

Cosmicsniper

#4 posted 11-11-2009 04:24 AM

I will live vicariously through you. As clumsy as my wife knows me to be, I’m hoping she’ll okay the Sawstop for myself sooner rather than later.

Congrats on the new baby!

-- jay, www.allaboutastro.com

View NBeener's profile

NBeener

#5 posted 11-11-2009 04:50 AM

Awwwwww.

Dude.

‘nuf said.

Enjoy it, huh? (Wait. What am I saying??!!??).

What an incredible piece of machinery you’ve got there….

-- -- Neil

#6 posted 11-11-2009 05:09 AM

This is a nice review. This is definately a quality saw that is well worth the price. This is a wonderful addition to your shop that should be the last saw you will ever need.

View trashboy's profile

trashboy

#7 posted 11-11-2009 05:11 AM

I think the Saw Stop is a first class saw, even though I own a Powermatic 66. The fit and finish are top notch. I like the technology about the saw and the unbelievable safety aspects of it. I am a little concerned that people will get to comfortable and complacent in using it and that’s how accidents happen. I was taught to respect the saw and to always be aware of the potential hazards that may arise during its use.

-- John B.

View Routerisstillmyname's profile

Routerisstillmyname

#8 posted 11-11-2009 05:53 AM

where’s my drool bucket?

-- Router è ancora il mio nome.

View Cato's profile

Cato

641 posts in 1963 days

#9 posted 11-11-2009 02:05 PM

That is a very nice piece of equipment, congratulations on the new centerpiece to your shop!!

View woodworm's profile

woodworm

#10 posted 11-11-2009 02:47 PM

Thats the smartest beautiful beast I cannot own.

-- masrol, kuala lumpur, MY.

View Joe's profile

Joe

185 posts in 2044 days

#11 posted 11-11-2009 03:28 PM

Great review brother. I had a saw stop and the powermatic in my sights a few months ago. This should be the last saw you will have to own.

-- Senior Chief

View Rick Boyett's profile

Rick Boyett

#12 posted 11-11-2009 04:10 PM

SawStop is really starting to win over the hearts and minds of woodworkers. The surprising thing is that the VERY high level of quality is winning us over. The safety features are just a bonus. I’m going to be hard pressed to pick between a SawStop and the new Delta Unisaw.

View Don Newton's profile

Don Newton

#13 posted 11-11-2009 07:32 PM

Rick…I have a Unisaw…get the Sawstop!

-- Don, Pittsburgh

#14 posted 11-12-2009 03:21 AM

I love my little BT3100, BUT… If you get tired of that SawStop and need to move it somewhere….

-- My workshop blog can be found at http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com

View Jim Bertelson's profile

Jim Bertelson

#15 posted 11-12-2009 04:01 AM

Great looking saw, so if I every get tired of tricking out my lowly Delta Contractor’s saw, it will be near the top of my list. Thanks for the review. It’s nice to hear about quality products out there.

-- Jim, Anchorage Alaska