Best Miter Saw Blade?

Review by HassanMirza posted 08-07-2017 07:15 PM 720 views 2 times favorited 3 comments Add to Favorites Watch
Best Miter Saw Blade? No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Hello Everyone,

Couple of Months ago I had a chance to get to visit the W.D Quinn Blade Saw Co, Which I wrote a review about. Where I picked up two blades one for the table saw (10 inch) and one for the Miter saw (12 inch). This review is about the Miter saw Blade since I have been using this blade for a couple of months now I feel I can write and honest and proper review. First off the bat the blade has huge carbide teeth so that means it can be resharpened many times. But its not about the looks I know, the blade cuts glass smooth. I have used it in the 12inch Bosch Glide Miter saw and it works amazing. I know that the stock blade in the saw is crappy, and most blades would have been an upgrade but I had a diablo in my last saw and let me tell you that this thing blows it out of the water. I also like the fact that this blade is a full kerf and in a large blade where wobble can be an issue a little meat and stiffness can’t hurt. I have put this thing through the ringer, I have cut cheap 1/2 plywood to roughsawn 4 inch thick maple. the blade never struggled! I have stacked 4 layers of 3/4 plywood and it ran through that as well while leaving a glass smooth finish. If I had a choice would I get it again 100%, I have a quality blade that will last me many years to come that will go through a tons of resharpening. I know that there are a lot of blades out there, but give the guys at W.D Quinn a peak. I am not getting a penny out of it, I just stand behind their product. I think supporting a real brick and morter American business is a good idea. I am hopefully going to be getting the review of the 10 inch table saw review out in a couple of days. Until then have a make some sawdust and be safe.

W.D. Quinn Saw Co.

View CyberDyneSystems's profile

CyberDyneSystems

251 posts in 1909 days

#1 posted 08-08-2017 04:21 PM

Thank you for posting this review. I had not heard of Quinn,. so this was an education.

-- Without the wood, it's just working

View Rick M's profile

Rick M

#2 posted 08-12-2017 03:21 AM

Thanks for the review. I looked up the cost, $103 for the blade being reviewed. Fair deal for a high quality blade. It looks like they are the manufacturer?

-- http://thewoodknack.blogspot.com/

View sharpnr's profile

sharpnr

#3 posted 08-12-2017 05:06 PM

W.D. Quinn Saw Co is not a manufacturer of saw blades. Since 1903 Quinn Saw Co has been a saw blade sharpening shop.

We also sell premium quality saw blades from many manufacturers. One manufacturer may have a better blade for a particular job a person needs. We give the customer options on what we feel is the best blade for the job.

Our shop has the finest CNC sharpening machines made in the world. We cater to high end automotive and aerospace companies along with the guy down the street with a table saw, or chop saw blade. Everybody gets a high quality sharpening from W.D. Quinn Saw Co.

Our prices are reasonable and turnaround is fast.

www.quinnsaw.com