My observations on the Wixey bevel gauge

Review by Bob #2 posted 01-14-2008 03:30 PM 2433 views 1 time favorited 6 comments Add to Favorites Watch
My observations on the Wixey bevel gauge No-picture-s No-picture-s Click the pictures to enlarge them

Click on the link

View rikkor's profile

rikkor

#1 posted 01-14-2008 03:42 PM

This is on my short list for rapid acquisition.

View gizmodyne's profile

gizmodyne

#2 posted 01-14-2008 08:47 PM

Can you use thse for a jointer fence?

-- -John "Do I have to keep typing a smiley? Just assume it's a joke." www.flickr.com/photos/gizmodyne

#3 posted 01-14-2008 09:22 PM

Hi Giz:
They will work just fine for a jointer fence .
Just zero the unit out on the feed table and them stick it to the fence with the built in magnets.
It’s the same technique I used for setting my tablesaw blade in my Wixey observations above.

p.s. If I were going to get a new one I would opt for the Lee Valley one with 2 decimal places to take out the guess work on the finite settings.

View nakamaruchi's profile

nakamaruchi

#4 posted 01-15-2008 08:44 AM

I bouht one 5 months ago.
It is quite useful.
But only one thing that I am not pleased with is that it can not tell if it is even with the ground or not.

-- Satoru Nakamaru, Japan ---It takes twenty years to make an overnight success. -- And if my English is strange or incorrect, please tell me.

#5 posted 01-15-2008 06:32 PM

Hi Nakamaruchi:
Don’t worry about being even with the ground. It is designed to measure the angle between two fixed planes so even if your saw was at an angle to the floor the bevel you cut would be what is shown on the Wixey guage.

Cheers

View Eric's profile

Eric

#6 posted 01-19-2008 05:53 PM

I have one of these and it works great. If you would like to see it in action just click here.

-- Eric