|Review by MsDebbieP||posted 01-13-2008 02:22 PM||10602 views||3 times favorited||34 comments|
- I purchased this at a wood show last year and I cannot remember how much I paid for it. I know that I did not cringe at the price, knowing the benefits it would bring and that I was very pleased with it once I tried it out. I never regretted the investment.
- Because the LumberJocks told me how dangerous woodworking can be, due to breathing in the dust.
- Because when we got some rough-hewn pine I found that my eyes and lungs were irritated soon after some cutting of it had taken place
- The hardhat is adjustable to fit.
- There is a flipdown face shield, and ear protection that can also be flipped up/down.
- A collar fits around your neck to keep dust out and clean air in.
- Clean air comes in at the forehead.
- A hose is attached to the headpiece and to the battery pack/filter which is on a belt so that you can wear it on your waist, making it easy to carry.
- The mask doesn’t fog up – until the battery gets low (great cue).
- The battery lasts quite a long time. I wore it through a couple projects before recharging.
- Dust does collect on the outside of mask and is easily wiped off with a soft rag.
- Ear protection is wonderful and because it is attached you don’t forget to use it
- Motor is pretty quiet and I don’t find it annoying in any way.
- The helmet isn’t heavy and I haven’t yet felt any strain from wearing it (most times are about an hour in length so far).
- The helmet doesn’t slip back and forth on my head unless I do something (such as scratch my head) and loosen the tightening mechanism. And then, tightening it at this point I usually get some hair caught in it.. (drawback).
- I don’t have irritated eyes/lungs now when working with the pine that we have. Yippee!!!
- It does get a little warm (with the neck piece, hardhat, earmuff) but the fresh air coming in on the forehead keeps it nice for the most part. If I get uncomfortable, I just take a break and do some laundry or something and come back down and continue. It hasn’t bothered me yet at all
Yes. I’m really happy with the purchase and if I choose/forget not to use it, a few coughs later remind me to put it on!
-- ~ Debbie, Canada (https://www.facebook.com/DebbiePribeleENJOConsultant)