Reply by Julian

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Douglas Fir

View Julian's profile


880 posts in 3487 days

#1 posted 04-24-2009 03:27 PM

If you go to a lumberyard you can get syp, doug fir, hemlock fir, or regular spf. They have to carry them all to meet the demands of the housing market. When I order out a roof load, I specify what length, and species I need to build the house. Doug fir is used for long span rafters where strength is needed, so you might only find doug fir in longer lengths, but you can always cut and rip them to suite your needs.

-- Julian, Park Forest, IL

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics