Reply by boston_guy

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Last drawer front proving tough!

View boston_guy's profile


160 posts in 2324 days

#1 posted 02-10-2014 04:24 PM

It’s amazing how when one has never done something before a small thing can become huge.

I simply placed a wooden spacer and 2 pennies underneath, to give it a real snug fit between the drawer front and the door below.

I then used strong clamps and secured the front to the drawer box.

I then simply screwed the front to the box from behind.

I didn’t even have to use glue or carpet tape!

My mistakes before were:

1) I thought the over-size holes on the drawer box were for adjusting if the drawer front had the problem that I encountered (being off or sloped).

2) The method of clamping the front to the box then drilling a mark on the back of the front (from the over-size holes) is not very reliable. This is due to the fact that when you remove the clamps and drill the 2 pilot holes on the marked spots in the back of the front, then put in the screws, there’s a good possibility that the screws might shift direction.

Thanks for the feedback!

Now I can finally move on to staining the doors and fronts!

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics