Reply by Wildwood

  • Advertise with us

Posted on Looking for good gauge to measure angle for skew scraper

View Wildwood's profile


2529 posts in 2374 days

#1 posted 11-11-2013 02:36 PM

I have a Oneway chuck, and use bowl/spindle gouge, parting tool, or skew to cut recesses. Also, use my forstner bits some times.

Balloon Guy is right on the money, turn your skew on its side using long point of the finish cutting your recess as shown in FORMING RECESS ILLUSTRATION. All you need is some hand & eye coordination.

Many folks that bought these scrapers, let them collect dust vice use them.

Old files too brittle for turning tools without heat treatment which is too far above my abilities, so unless have metal treatment skills forget old files!

-- Bill

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics