Reply by Karson

  • Advertise with us

Posted on wood stabilization for turning blanks?

View Karson's profile


35125 posts in 4427 days

#1 posted 03-14-2009 11:16 PM

Gary: I guess they are called toilet flanges They are attached to plastic pipe with the normal plastic solvent.

They would have holes on the top for bolts to hold down some clear acrylic as the top. You could just use closed cell foam tape when using it as a vacuum, but if you wanted to pressurize it you’d need some bolts to hold the seal.

Full vacuum is 14 lbs per square inch so a 1 ft square surface is around 2000 lbs. It’s like an elephant foot pressing on it. The thick 4: pipe I’ve used from HD hold my vacuum supply great, but I’d hate to use just a mason jar. That why bell jars are so expensive.

-- I've been blessed with a father who liked to tinker in wood, and a wife who lets me tinker in wood. Southern Delaware soon moving to Virginia †

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics